best lipo for dna75?

so ive made my fair share of unregulated mosfet boxmods a while back and that was simple enough so i looked into making a dna75 and it seems simple, the only thing is that i cant really find much information out there on what lipos can i use on the dna75.

basically what i want to do is have a long lasting mod that wont really be used over 40w, and that can easily be charged safely via usb, and that has a high mah. i was thinking of doing a dual parallel 18650 one, but im pretty sure its not safe to usb charge that, or if it is, i dont see any information saying its ok. 

so basically the question is this: what high mah lipo is recommended for a dna75? or can i usb charge a dual parallel 18650?

Well a 1S (3.7 V) with enough constant discharge rate, it's normally given in C and you multiply the capacity (mAh) by C/1000 to get the current rating, use constant not pulse.  You want > 28 A, add some head room say 35 A, so for 25 C rating you would want at least 1,400mAh, at 35 C 1,000 mAh or more.  Always get a good branded from reputable reseller

57 minutes ago, VapingBad said:

Well a 1S (3.7 V) with enough constant discharge rate, it's normally given in C and you multiply the capacity (mAh) by C/1000 to get the current rating, use constant not pulse.  You want > 28 A, add some head room say 35 A, so for 25 C rating you would want at least 1,400mAh, at 35 C 1,000 mAh or more.  Always get a good branded from reputable reseller

are comparisons to 18650s of mah not 1 to 1? 1400mah seems small, unless im missing something about the differences between them

1 minute ago, darkinertia said:

are comparisons to 18650s of mah not 1 to 1? 1400mah seems small, unless im missing something about the differences between them

I was just giving min ratings to be able to give enough current and not saying they were ideal, not built a 1S LiPo mod. 18650s tend to hold more power for their size, LiPos tend to have far more grunt and more choice of size and shape.  The grunt (low voltage sag) of a decent LiPo means you should get more runtime per mAh than 18650.  I love my LiPo 200 and 250s, but have 18650 mods I love, but only for lower power really because of the size of 2 and 3 cell 18650 mods.  Both are great options.

• Like 1

interesting...

49 minutes ago, VapingBad said:

Sure as long as if it is a LiPo it is 1S2P (1 series, 2 parallel) a reasonable option, just not 2S (7.4 V)

oohh wow i didnt even think that was an option thanks! so something like this would work:

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-ultimate-6400mah-1s2p-90c-hardcase-pack-roar-brca-approved.htm

im thinking of either getting a custom dripp3d brass enclosure or an alpinetech, so ill just have to figureout if theyll fit lol

@darkinertia Hope you don't mind another comment. Both the 75 and 75C are 1A charging. If you're gonna be building it why not go with these newer dual 2x700 batteries. mAh like an 18650/26650 sag like a Lipo. Should last quite a while @40w. 

There's a hella sweet one posted in the 75C picture thread near the end. Dual iJoys, mosmax sled. Charcoal Grey, round buttons.

@VapingBad Have you checked out any of those modmaker 510's and comments? The only other UK modder I can think of seems to have deserted us

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Wayneo said:

@VapingBad Have you checked out any of those modmaker 510's and comments? The only other UK modder I can think of seems to have deserted us

I haven't, sorry, have a stock of good 510s and only made 1 mod in the last year as life gets in the way.  There are a good few UK moders on here, but I hesitate to name them as I will forget that I saw of them here.  The MM 510 seems to be going down well though.

21 minutes ago, darkinertia said:

@Wayneo i have been interested in getting a 20700 mod eventually, but i dunno how well those would fit in the pre cut dna enclosures like the alpinetech 

New Alpinetech GXL case, but this for the 75C not the OG 75. You know how they usually have those v1 or v2, depending on if you want the external/remote/alternate fire button instead of hitting the actuators. This shows it with the dual 20700's

@VB Also available now in the US, hence my asking. I'd hate to think that other fine modder is on a "Where's Karloz" jaunt. LOL.

• Like 1