Weak Battery Screen

Smokin Dave

I'm using Efest 26650 3.7V batteries for my Hcigar VT75C and started getting a weak battery message even though there is 75% or higher battery life remaining.I looked in escribe for the battery type and there are the two usual choices of 18650 Lithium Ion and Lithium Polymer.I've never used 26650's before and was wondering if there is a csv battery profile for the 26650 that I should be using or just ignore the message.Maybe I should run the battery analyzer.I don't know.I need expert advice.Thanks.

Battery curves affect the battery meter accuracy but do not affect battery life or performance at all.

Weak Battery means the battery voltage has dropped down to 2.75V (Mod -> Battery -> Soft Cell Cutoff) and the device is reducing power to a level the battery can handle so that it can use the rest of the battery's charge.

Hmm. Looking at https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/attachments/image-jpg.523804/ the 30A discharge barely touches 2.75V except at the end. The 15A discharge, https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/attachments/image-jpg.523764/, should hold 35-40W all the way to the end of its capacity. (Are you sure the batteries you got are genuine and brand new? Hmm, other ways you could get voltage losses... is the battery contact good and the wiring reasonably sized?)

• Like 1

The batteries are new going on two weeks old and they are genuine.The current cell voltage reading is 3.8V at 71% charge according to what I see on the battery info screen.I'm going to switch to an 18650 to see what happens.It is performing as I expect it to and I'm not disappointed. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well I give up.It stopped for a while but once again I cannot stop the weak battery screen from coming up after each and every hit I take off of this POS.It still hits like a champ and that's all I really want but I've tried everything from exercising the spring loaded battery pin cleaning the threads on the battery door swapping out the themes bla bla bla.Guess it's something I'll have to live with but for the price I paid I shouldn't have too.