Can I bypass the charge board, wire a USB port directly to board for escribe, no charging needed.

Willy

I put a 60 board in a ZNA mod, there is not enough room in the mod for the charge board. I'm not looking to charge battery's in the mod, just want to be able to use escribe. Is it possible to wire a USB port directly to the 60 board for using escribe? For now I made a patch cable from a piece of an old IDE cable and JST balance connectors as found on lipo's, I can tuck it inside the mod when I don't need it. When I need to use escribe I can remove the battery tube, pull the patch cable out, re-install the battery and tube and use escribe. I was planning on making a better and permanent patch cable but I got thinking, if I can wire a USB port to the board I can make a slot for it and then be able to plug a USB cable directly to the mod.

Here's some pics of what I have now. 

DSC02072s.jpg

DSC02077S.jpg

DSC02078S.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

sorry, im confuse, i need to connect my dna 60w without usb board to escribe too

i just need to solder 3 wire from board to usb and add 10k right ?

pin 13 USB DM USB data negative
pin 14 USB DP USB data positive
pin 15 USB Vdetect Connect to USB Vbus though a 10k ohm resistor if not using Evolv's charger board

sorry, im rookie and french

thanks for you help

edit : maybe need ground too ... ??

pin 12 Charger/USB - USB power negative 

Edited by spzjulien
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, spzjulien said:

sorry, im confuse, i need to connect my dna 60w without usb board to escribe too

i just need to solder 3 wire from board to usb and add 10k right ?

pin 13 USB DM USB data negative
pin 14 USB DP USB data positive
pin 15 USB Vdetect Connect to USB Vbus though a 10k ohm resistor if not using Evolv's charger board

sorry, im rookie and french

thanks for you help

edit : maybe need ground too ... ??

pin 12 Charger/USB - USB power negative 

Yes that is the correct answer thanks to member ChunkButt200 who posted it here with pics. https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/65550-dna-60/?do=findComment&comment=916132 I finally got around to finishing my ZNA 60 and this worked perfectly. I finally got around to finishing my ZNA 60 project and this worked perfectly. I drilled a hole in the base for the 510 then filled the gaps with some hot glue, trimmed the excess with a new x-acto blade and good to go. I also came up with a way to get rid of the crappy screw adjustable 510 and install a VariTube V1 510, not the mod is perfect.

DSC02213s.jpgDSC02214s.jpg DSC02221s.jpgDSC02215s.jpgDSC02216s.jpg

Edited by Willy
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Willy said:

Yes that is the correct answer thanks to member ChunkButt200 who posted it here with pics. https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/65550-dna-60/?do=findComment&comment=916132 I finally got around to finishing my ZNA 60 and this worked perfectly. I finally got around to finishing my ZNA 60 project and this worked perfectly. I drilled a hole in the base for the 510 then filled the gaps with some hot glue, trimmed the excess with a new x-acto blade and good to go. I also came up with a way to get rid of the crappy screw adjustable 510 and install a VariTube V1 510, not the mod is perfect.

thanks you very much, very clear now :°)

• Like 2