DNA 250 board install

Hey man, honest opinion here. Either way, it's a serial connection. I have never even seen one, but as a 2 cell, you're limited to 167 watts and 6V output voltage. I don't even know if the buttons line up. My suggestion would be to find a different enclosure. There are some nicer ones nowadays for if you want 2 cell, 3 cell or Lipo's

Edited by Wayneo
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've done this mod myself because I wanted quick charging on the 2/3.

Imo it's not really worth it - you lose the hot swappable 2/3 config because you'll need to set the cell count in eScribe to 2 cell else the DNA won't start up properly. I don't know if the DNA automatically switches to 3-cell charging when required even when set to 2-cell in eScribe, but it's wired up correctly. I don't use the additional 3rd cell as I like the Wismec 2-cell form factor.

the screen is also a lot smaller, but doesn't look too bad if you get it to sit straight (I used part of the acrylic mount after being cut down to help orient the screen).

Wiring isn't complex, just look at the 2-cell and 3-cell wiring diagrams available for the DNA and work it out from there. If you can't do that yourself then in all honesty you shouldn't be attempting the mod... But here goes:

Pin 3 - connected to main +ive wire (on the Wismec +ive is the short red wire connected to the 3rd cell connector)

Pin 2 - long red wire coming from the other side of the battery pack, connected to the other 3rd cell connector and the +ive on the left cell

Pin 1 - black short wire coming from the bottom pair of battery connectors

Gnd connected to the golden tab which is held in place by a screw.

Edited by SquidgyB