Hcigar vt250s crazy chip

hi all, i get the new vt250s from hcigar, some crazy with my box...

i start use it in 2 cells config and all goes fine limit 167w ok....

so i tried the 3 cells config and madness starts the box stuck on max 167w with 3 cells :|

pluged and loged on EScribe so i check up in monitoring screen and the box only read 2 cells (yes the back on the box its close right)

then i put the last dna250 FW and reboot after few reboot and some profile mod magicaly the box start read and use the 3° cell and get 250w max power...

now more crazy i go back to the 2 cells config and the box show me the mess : check battery. and

does not work more with 2 cells.
 logged in EScribe i can swich from 3 cells to 2 cells...

some one can help and post the original firmware?

i need to wait a new dna250 firmware or the last one can fit box like the vt250s (2/3 cells)?

i can fix that problem via EScribe or i must send back the box and ask for new one ,maybe old model?

TY for read (help that noob) xD

When you change from 2 cell to 3 cell you must change the settings in EScribe and upload them to the device.  You can't just change the batteries from using 2 cells to using 3 cells and expect the device to change configuration automatically.  You must change it in EScribe and upload it..

Hopefully you saved your VT250 *.ecig file to your computer before you changed the firmware.  You can upload your saved file to the device as needed ...

As a side note: Do the settings in the Mod Tab look like these HCigar configured settings? :

Also, someone posted the VT250 *.ecig file should you need it: 

Vt250.ecig

TY retird!

now i get it.

i made 2 different profile files one for 3 cells and one for 2cells setup.*

but i lost the original FW (i can see i lost only the .bmp of 2° wellcome splash screen showing the logo vt250s)

Thanks also for the FW but it's different model i got the vt250s not the vt250 (i'm sure the FW work on both model).

Still wait for the original vt250sSSSsss (lol) FW maybe it gets some different (not only the .bmp).

i hope hcigar and Evolv run more bounded, maybe soon the chip can self setup for run in 3cells or 2cells setup,

the box on the back have 2 switches i guess about that i will show see the top of box in the following pic.

more adventure soon :)

VT250S-3.jpg

The firmware for every device of a specific 'board type' is the same across manufacturer's. As seen in the bottom right hand corner of Device Monitor. Yours should say (off the top of my head) 1.2 SP5

Software customizations (logo's, themes, materials and profiles) is where they may differ, but still will work on others by different mfgrs. From DNA 60 and higher.

The DNA75 is the only board with an OEM LED. The 75 Color is the only color.

Edit: During your adventure, you might only have standard/default Evolv settings for your Mod Resistance, and Thermal characteristics. Compare the values to the other post you commented on yesterday. 'Mod" Tab.

Edited by Wayneo
More info

new user of any vt250ssSSSsss (noob like me) need this holy forum (and EScribe)  because, manual and all info from the hcigar it's not clear like that:

14 ore fa, retird ha scritto:

You can't just change the batteries from using 2 cells to using 3 cells and expect the device to change configuration automatically.  You must change it in EScribe and upload it.

also user need to set properly the mAh of the cells and get a trustable "battery icon" on the box.

Sorry for my "spaghetti english" and thanks all for support!!!

see ya next episode: Hcigar vt250s not so crazy chip :cool:

5 minutes ago, Sank said:

also user need to set properly the mAh of the cells and get a trustable "battery icon" on the box.

Your mod will work fine as is, without a trustable battery icon. ;)

Now I don't have one of those mods, so I don't know if there's any HCigar magic that they have done. Here's a manual way.

Search for your battery type here on the forum. Download the csv and note the Wh.

If that value is ~8 to 10Wh, it's more than likely a single battery file

If that value is ~16 to 20Wh, it's more than likely a dual battery file

If that value is ~20 to 30Wh, it's more than likely a triple battery file

Find the single battery value. Double it for when it dual battery mode, triple it for 3 cell mode,

Most 18650's have a complete discharged value at 2.5v. So set your cell soft cutoff value somewhere between 2.8v and 3v, wherever you feel most comfortable.

Now here's how to use it when you want to go from one mode to the other

Go into escribe and change to your new operating mode (2 or 3), change your battery Wh setting to match the number of cells

OR

Save a complete backup of a 2S mode and one of 3S mode. Load backup of new mode which will already have the 2 changes required (To me this would be a nightmare to maintain)

OR

Screw the battery icon, change one of the small displays to show 'Battery Pack', monitor that,  and only change the number of cells.

Always remembering to Upload to the device after your changes.

Good luck, I'm done, I've written a book. I'm sure there are some YouTube reviews out there

I won't even ask how you're going to do battery management, you know, the whole marriage thing

• 2 weeks later...