New Firmware 7/9

I've put up a new firmware, July 9, and a new EScribe, 1.0.23.

On the EScribe side:
- Live View looks better.
- LiFePO4 batteries have a default discharge curve.
- There is a new Battery Analyzer for those interested (requires the newest firmware).
- The watt-hour calculator will offer to fill in the field for you instead of making you type it.

On the firmware side:
- Fixes a bug that could affect reliability. Worth the update.
- Optimizes the code quite a bit, which should make the device more responsive.
- You can rearrange default fields just like custom fields now.

Enjoy :)

James

i'M seeing a significant resistance measurement "error" since updating to the 7/9 firmware.  For example a coil and device combination that measures 0.25 ohms on a precision ohm meter (and on other DNA devices) measures 0.41 ohms on the DNA 200 with the upgraded firmware.  I was not seeing this error prior to the firmware upgrade.

I am also seeing apparent temperatures that are lower than previously observed.  I'd appreciate it if you guys could check this.  I assume it's not just my DNA 200 device but if it is I'd like to chase down the cause of the error.

druckle said:

i'M seeing a significant resistance measurement "error" since updating to the 7/9 firmware.  For example a coil and device combination that measures 0.25 ohms on a precision ohm meter (and on other DNA devices) measures 0.41 ohms on the DNA 200 with the upgraded firmware.  I was not seeing this error prior to the firmware upgrade.

I am also seeing apparent temperatures that are lower than previously observed.  I'd appreciate it if you guys could check this.  I assume it's not just my DNA 200 device but if it is I'd like to chase down the cause of the error.

FYI, I'm not seeing any deviation with the latest firmware on either beta device and haven't seen any unusual deviation on earlier firmware either. Refinement has been solid at 0.01 ohms.

False alarm.  The issue does not appear to be associated with the new firmware.  For whatever reason the resistance appears to detect correctly with a new cold coil but adjusts to higher and higher values.  A hard boot and locking the initial resistance appears to make things function OK.  Should I address the question in another thread?

Mm. That is definitely a different issue. If you have time at some point, try going to Help->About, left click the Evolv logo seven times -- that unlocks viewing what refinement is doing. In Device Monitor, you can Record Cold Ohms, Sample Ohms, Sample Ohms (TC), Sample Temperature, Board and Room Temperature, then you can get an idea whether it is sampling consistently. Something to try if you leave it for the night one day.