Why are these so slow to come out????

mrdee3

Hello, just wondering why these are not available yet? Other than the Opus I have not seen any other mods out. I have the Opus and love it, my friends are biting at the bit to get there hands on a DNA 200 mod but there is noting available. 

Due to the new board dimensions and input power requirements, many of the vendors are having to totally redesign their mods.  Remember, we had 3 generations of dimension-ally identical boards.  Opus just happened to have a dual 18650 case that fit a lipo rather nicely, which allowed him to get to market sooner.

I suspect you'll see quite a few production mods hitting the market in the next 2 weeks.

Yeah, I know what you mean, but is early days yet, give it a few more weeks, companies like vaper shark, Hcigar have already announced their DNA 200 mods, not too sure on release dates though.

If your friends can not wait, they could make their own mods as myself and others here have done here on the forums :thumb:

Joe Litt is building some nice DNA 200 mods, they're large beasts and built quite nicely. Wherever you get your DNA 200, I can honestly say that it will be very much worth the wait if you're fortunate enough to get to own and vape on one.

This chip has surpassed all my expectations, and made me really excited about the future of vaping from the chip side of the industry. I giggle when I read the fasttech forums and people speculating on the DNA 200 who have no idea what they're talking about, because they will be eating their words.

• 2 weeks later...

www.xevape.com will have 3 models coming out soon.

1590A 1000mah
1590G  1000-1500mah with desired halo buttons
1590B  2200mah with desired halo buttons

I'm working on a 1590A at the moment putting the finishing touchs tomorrow.   Its over in the general forum.

Joe Litt finally put his DNA 200 mods up on the site. He sold out the first batch at VaperCon west in a few hours, so they didn't make it online.

This is a large mod, not for all of you. Those that don't require a tiny mod and have carried large dual 18650 boxes or some 26650 mods before, I highly recommend the Joe Litt "44".

I've been running one for about 21 days, and I've been extremely impressed in the mod's build quality, components used, and the battery's quality and capacity.

http://littupcustommods.com/The-44-44PINK.htm

Sidenote: Many of you may recognize Joe Litt as the guy with the infamously well built DNA NES controller mods. He's truly an asset to our community, both the vapers AND the modders. In my opinion, he tries to do things the right way, even when it costs a little more. And I love seeing modders who like to "shoot the crap" with the other modders and pass information and ideas around.

alee132 said:

Wow 1000mah in 1590?  That's damn good. I barely could fit a 950 and that was with a faceplate and I had to remove somethings to make it work. Wonder what battery you will use.  Very interesting.

https://instagram.com/p/5xDeB4AWCs/?taken-by=xevape

There we go.   Had to mill out the top of the case but its in there working/testing.

Thank you

xevape said:

[QUOTE=alee132]Wow 1000mah in 1590?  That's damn good. I barely could fit a 950 and that was with a faceplate and I had to remove somethings to make it work. Wonder what battery you will use.  Very interesting.

https://instagram.com/p/5xDeB4AWCs/?taken-by=xevape

There we go.   Had to mill out the top of the case but its in there working/testing.

Thank you[/QUOTE]

That's a sexy little mod, I think my first from scratch build may be something along these lines, my girlfriend has very picky requirements to rock a DNA 200, she says it's gotta be small and purple or she would rather just steal mine than have her own lol, so it's a win win for me.