Have I done something wrong?

Gm111

So I got my dna complete yesterday put it on charge until fully charged and locked the device before going to sleep. When I woke up this morning it had gone from 100% to 19%, is this okay or have I done something wrong? or is there anything I can do to stop this from happening?

It definitely shouldn't do that. What firmware version? Is it running hot? It should go completely to sleep after an hour. A device monitor screenshot so we can see what it is doing would be most helpful to diagnose. And a picture of the mod.

VapingBad said:

Put it on device monitor and see what the cells read, check you have set the battery Wh & check the battery and cell voltages on a multimeter. 

Cells all read the same on the device monitor and I set the battery Wh too, I couldn't find the multimeter so will have too look again

John said:

It definitely shouldn't do that. What firmware version? Is it running hot? It should go completely to sleep after an hour. A device monitor screenshot so we can see what it is doing would be most helpful to diagnose. And a picture of the mod.

It was on 9/27 firmware, no it wasn't running hot from what I noticed, it definatly wasn't in the morning. What would you like me to set on device moniter? Here's a photo

image.jpg

That looks pretty normal to me. Maybe post your settings file?

It isn't shorting to one cell or draining unusually, or you'd have imbalance. If the fire button was being held down or stuck then it would drain overnight, but otherwise it shouldn't. 

How big is your battery? 

Is this with a temperature control build? Were you using nickel?

What's your preheat temperature and time in the profile it was using?

This is very abnormal behavior so don't worry, it's not going to do this to you all the time. Once you solve what's causing it, I wake up to the mod pretty much the same way I leave it. It doesn't change at all with my daily driver Kanthal build.

I'm an amateur but everything I see looks like it's showing the battery readings as normal for mostly discharged.

Edit: Ninja'd by John, I should just set my internet to not work after John's hours start at 2 PM lol

John said:

That looks pretty normal to me. Maybe post your settings file?

It isn't shorting to one cell or draining unusually, or you'd have imbalance. If the fire button was being held down or stuck then it would drain overnight, but otherwise it shouldn't. 

How big is your battery? 

Sorry John how do I post my settings file? If the fire button was held down wouldn't the screen be on the whole time? I'm using a Turnigy nano-tech 1000mah 45c. 

Vape_Like_A_Boss said:

Is this with a temperature control build? Were you using nickel?

What's your preheat temperature and time in the profile it was using?

This is very abnormal behavior so don't worry, it's not going to do this to you all the time. Once you solve what's causing it, I wake up to the mod pretty much the same way I leave it. It doesn't change at all with my daily driver Kanthal build.

I'm an amateur but everything I see looks like it's showing the battery readings as normal for mostly discharged.

Edit: Ninja'd by John, I should just set my internet to not work after John's hours start at 2 PM lol

This wasn't with an atomiser on the mod, I'd just charged it for the first time, locked it to go to sleep and laid it on it's side.

John said:

Anything you want to answer instead of me gets us closer to more new and interesting products, so by all means!

By the way John I haven't got a battery connector in there (xt60 so on), just soldered the wires straight too the board and plugged in the balance connector now this wouldn't make a difference surely?

VapingBad said:

To post your settings file go to save in escribe and it will open a file dialogue window that will have the folder path shown, once saved zip or rar compress it then post it, click the more reply options to see the attach file link.

I did just find the more reply options just now just didn't scroll down to notice. thank you vapingbad :thumb:, I shall compress the file now and change it above.

Ah ha. Your voltage discharge curve for your battery is 100% crazy. 

It will charge to 4.2 volts, then once the current falls off it will set the charge to 100%, because it is done. 

With your battery curve, 4.2 volts corresponds to 18% battery, so when it powered back up, it said "hrm, dunno what happened, but clearly we're nowhere near 100% for this battery, so lets reset our estimate to the curve"

and on your curve, 4.2V is 18%

Where did you get that battery curve? It doesn't correspond to any battery chemistry I am familiar with.