Trace lifted

bnitch

bnitch said:

I was trying to insert the board into a Florio box and ended up lifting the battery neg pad. it didn't seem to break the trace so I have superglued it back down. My main concern is could it have also torn a neg trace going to the balance plug. IMG_20150905_203434.jpg 

Balance connector ground is not connected to B- pad on the board. There are no obvious vias in the B- pad so you should be OK at least as far as the electrical connections. An assessment of whether this might affect power handling capacity of the trace is beyond my knowledge. Hopefully it's OK.

Though not related to fixing yours, I have found that tinned thick wire is a risk if not angled right.  After installing a few I found out that I needed to understand the angle the wire needed to take in the case, bend for that angle prior to tinning, otherwise the tinning creates a rigid area much further up the wire then intended, so when you attempt to install the board, the pad takes too much pressure trying to bend the tinned portion of wire.