Up/down buttons and screen protection

JTree

Trying to finish out the parts list for a build. Trying to make the enclosure dust/spill resistant. Trying to find either a) stick on low pro rubber/silicon boots to cover stop peg actuators for the on board up/down buttons or b) appropriately small sealed buttons. Also, any ideas for a way to seal off the screen that won't eat a cubic meter of real estate in the enclosure?

I'll consider that....still have to figure something out for the screen, but that would help with sealing up the buttons and usb port. Maybe incorporate some thin plexiglass in the mold or something similar for the screen. Good thoughts in a new direction.

If you are using shelf pins for the button, I would figure some o-rings on them would help seal them up. Place the orings on the portion of the pin inside the case but outside the lip, if that makes sense. Would make it a tad more water resistant, I would think. Or a layer of liquid electrical tape? 

As for the screen, I'm gonna use just some cheapo screen protectors over the face of the screen and tape it all down snug to the case. Hopefully its tight enough for me. 

You may need more water resistance than I do, but I figure this will be good enough for now. I'm interested to see what others say, though. And custom silicone cases would be BADAAAASS, I'll have to look into that myself. 

• 4 weeks later...

although a late reply on this thread I feel it may be helpful to mod builders,
I've assembeled quite a few mods using dna 40 boards and the large screens,
I was using clear plastic of various types as a screen protector, and also clear Perspex,
I have found that the glass screen as is -- is moor resilient than any plastic and also looks a lot moor clear and crisp.
what I do is mix a small amount of fast set epoxi resin glue and hold the screen in place with fingers or blue tac, wait for the glue to start going stiff beffor I put a small dab on each end of the back of screen to mod, this way the glue wont run or capillary attract across the front surface, when satisfied ive got it cock on center, I can then seal the whole screen against the mod using the same method.