Battery Level Drops from 100% to 80% Right After Coming Off the Charger in Vtbox200

In Escribe, click "Device Monitor" and you can see the charge levels of each cell as well as lots of other data.

It is a great tool and you can vape while watching to see if your pack sags badly.

I have seen a good number of folks with that mod complaining about limited capacity and sag.  Some have complained to the manufacture and gotten replacement packs.

blueridgedog said:

In Escribe, click "Device Monitor" and you can see the charge levels of each cell as well as lots of other data.

It is a great tool and you can vape while watching to see if your pack sags badly.

I have seen a good number of folks with that mod complaining about limited capacity and sag.  Some have complained to the manufacture and gotten replacement packs.

Here we go! Seems the USB problem has fixed itself, but still got box issues. vape.png 

That battery is nearly dead and needs to be charged.

If your battery capacity was set wrong, the percentage you are seeing in the meter may be off. Get the capacity set right, let it charge up to around 4.2V on all cells, and let the USB Current taper off. You should be in good shape.

It will charge at 0.1A if the battery cells are below 3V for safety reasons, as well as if the room temperature is too cold or too hot.
(Once the cells get above 3V it will go back to a normal charge rate.)

If the meter is jumping that means it is automatically correcting for a significant mismatch between the battery capacity and/or discharge profile curve vs. what it is reading from the cells. If it thought it had 45% at 3V/cell, the meter is definitely in the wrong spot.

This can happen after the battery capacity and/or discharge profile curve have been changed, but if they are set right, it helps to let it charge up to full once so that it has a good starting point for its metering, as the corrector is just an estimate.

The board temperature is fine so it doesn't look like anything is off there.

My opinion of looking at your graph is that you have some moderate voltage sag while vaping.  Also your capacity setting is a bit high for the real life of that pack.  I would:

• Let it charge fully
  • Change capacity to 13 (just as a test)
  • Vape again with the device monitor on and just look at the cell voltages to see how low they go.
The area to look at is the cell voltages that you can see dip while you vape.

Thus far it looks like a basic poor quality Lipo pack.  

Just for comparison, here is my pack taking a similar hit (the sag is there, but not forming a big dip):

Screen_Shot_2015-10-21_at_2.59.07_PM.png 

I would start with the vendor or manufacture and ask for a replacement.  If they give you the bum deal, they you can take the existing pack and measure it and source something on the hobbyking site (they have a great tool and their Trunigy products have proved inexpensive and good performers).  I have a few of these and if they fit, are great:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__11903__Turnigy_nano_tech_1300mah_3S_25_50C_Lipo_Pack.html

blueridgedog said:

I would start with the vendor or manufacture and ask for a replacement.  If they give you the bum deal, they you can take the existing pack and measure it and source something on the hobbyking site (they have a great tool and their Trunigy products have proved inexpensive and good performers).  I have a few of these and if they fit, are great:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__11903__Turnigy_nano_tech_1300mah_3S_25_50C_Lipo_Pack.html

Again, thanks a bunch! With the new capacity setting, there doesn't seem to be any major battery level drops any more, though the battery still drains semi-fast. I'm satisfied for now. ;) Thanks again!