Soft cutoff for hg2, 18650 batteries

Jvape78

Been having some issues with my dual 18650 build. I keep getting massive battery sag whenever the battery gets to 3.8 standing charge. At above it barely sags at all but below 3.8 it sags so much it trips the low battery message! That's just running a .08ni build at 45 watt btw. So I notice the soft cutoff is set at 3.09v and I'm wondering if it's ok to drop it to like 2.8 or so? I just bought a set of hg2,3000mah today and gonna see if that helps. I'm currently using 25r and vtc5. All sets are long married. They're at least 6 months of use on them but they seem to still work great and always take a full charge though. .

This is probably covered somewhere in the forums but why do we need to input the discharge curve? And what controls the battery meter on the display itself? Does it read voltage off the sled then compare that to input we tell it for total mah capacity? If so shouldn't that be all the info it needs? I'm curious as to why the discharge curve input is necessary and what function it provides in the chip operation. Just curious