Bluetooth Scribe App. How cool would that be!

It isn't going to happen on the DNA 200, the system is far, far too close to finalized to add a major feature like that, and it would make the board larger and more expensive. 

So don't look for it this year, but if the price for bluetooth connectivity continues to fall and the modules continue to shrink, I wouldn't rule it out as a built in feature for a late 2016 or 2017 model. 

Personally have no interest in BT connectivity to a touch screen app, someone linked me to one where you set the TCR with a slider, I hope it had text input to or it was pointless.  I think the 200 is a great balance you can access the minutia at the desk when you are building coils etc and have simple controls for the things you may want to adjust out and about the rest of the time.

VapingBad said:

Personally have no interest in BT connectivity to a touch screen app, someone linked me to one where you set the TCR with a slider, I hope it had text input to or it was pointless.  I think the 200 is a great balance you can access the minutia at the desk when you are building coils etc and have simple controls for the things you may want to adjust out and about the rest of the time.

Look at it from the perspective that you could do firmware updates via bluetooth without the need of cables. Also being able to run diagnose on the go without being tether to a computer would be supercool. Nonetheless we have a lot of feature to play with as it is right now. The more I mess with it the more I realize what a game changer this board is.

John said:

It isn't going to happen on the DNA 200, the system is far, far too close to finalized to add a major feature like that, and it would make the board larger and more expensive. 

So don't look for it this year, but if the price for bluetooth connectivity continues to fall and the modules continue to shrink, I wouldn't rule it out as a built in feature for a late 2016 or 2017 model. 

That's good to know guys. Really impressed with the 200

I've been thinking it might be possible with the standard usb... perhaps piggy back a usb-> bluetooth type connection ala Adafruit?  I think there are ways to do it as is for a mod-maker.. especially if there's scripting language etc. :)  But, I haven't looked into it.

• 1 month later...

Should be possible using the USB HID to at least get device monitor functionality over Bluetooth. I've got too many projects in the que right now to think it completely through but a simple serial interface through the HID would seem to be easy enough. You will likely have to write your own device monitor application. I will get to this; its on the list. I'm hoping evolv does it first though lol.

• 1 month later...

Yes bluetooth would be very nice.

For the size it should not be a problem, if they can fit a module in a watch I am sure it can be fit in a mod.  For the price, Smok X Cube 2 has bluetooth and they sell the mod for 60$.

Hope you can add this in the next version.

Thanks.

i have always though that evolv should release a "premium" version of the DNA200. it would essentially be the same chip spec wise just with a bluetooth chip added as well as a larger, higher pixel density display and comparability for Qi wireless charging. give the premium chip a menu based UI closer to that of the xcube (their interface works quite well). the wireless charging would obviously need to be implemented by the mod makers, but some modifications to the board would be needed as well. honestly they are selling this current chip for $80. even if they charged an extra $40 for the chip alone and the mod makers added an extra $20-30 on top of that i would be ok with it. an extra $60-$70 for all that i wouldn't hesitate in the slightest. just the wireless charging alone would be great. i already have wireless charging pads all over my house and one in my car. 

... as an added thought maybe USB type-c. the connectors are a lot more durable.