titanium coils on dna200

MADMODDER

MADMODDER said:

Are there going to be some kind of data to enter the values for using titanium coils avaliable or an update for this..i know there are the custom coil settings but need data to configure for titanium use

Use this http://www.steam-engine.org/tcr.asp then save dna200 output as .csv and upload to eScribe

MADMODDER said:

Are there going to be some kind of data to enter the values for using titanium coils avaliable or an update for this..i know there are the custom coil settings but need data to configure for titanium use

I agree with Macz and also there is at least one titanium vendor who stated that he was going to have specific values for their wire.  It would be in the end if all wire vendors do this.

ClintMaas said:

[QUOTE=MADMODDER]Are there going to be some kind of data to enter the values for using titanium coils avaliable or an update for this..i know there are the custom coil settings but need data to configure for titanium use

I agree with Macz and also there is at least one titanium vendor who stated that he was going to have specific values for their wire.  It would be in the end if all wire vendors do this.[/QUOTE]

we are already working on it, but evolv needs to add granularity to the curves in eScribe....the 0.1 ohm incremental are not fine enough to get tight cals....

The CSVs and the internal calculations are and always have been 16 bits below the decimal point. We reduce the display to one decimal point in Escribe for readability. 

Right click on any point and type in the exact value. 

Also, the numbers are not ohms, they are normalized resistivity.

John said:

The CSVs and the internal calculations are and always have been 16 bits below the decimal point. We reduce the display to one decimal point in Escribe for readability. 

Right click on any point and type in the exact value. 

Also, the numbers are not ohms, they are normalized resistivity.

Is there a way to zoom on the graph/curve? 

Right click seems to be working to enter a fixed value (thanks, been looking for that for a while now)...

As far as being normalized, I am assuming they are normalized against the curve....is there a specific formula to follow there?  Or just business as usual? 

I do have min max defined and the dna200 is without doubt right on target.....overshoot on our 0.5mm wire (built a full cal profile for it some days ago) was only around 4 deg F.  Having the median ranges out to a 10/12 bit range should be adequate....will report back after I get some finer numbers into the scale....

• 2 months later...

Hi. Can someone help me. Something is wrong with the tc on my T1. I tried both the new calc and old calc from escribe and with spaced coils I'm getting temperature protection instantly it's going up to like 800f and on tight coils on dry burn it catches fire. I don't know what the hell is going on. I'm tried different rda. Different wraps, space tight. Something is either wrong with my chip or I'm missing something? Thanks

• 1 month later...

You need a TFR curve that is specific to the material of your coil in the form of a .csv file that you upload to your DNA 200 via eScribe. You can generate a .csv file on steam-enging.org's Wire Wizard tool:

http://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.asp

Using the wire wizard, just select your material from the dropbown list and then click on the 'DNA 200' tab to download the TFR curve as a .csv file. Then go to the profile of your choosing in eScribe's 'General' tab and select 'Custom' coil material from the dropdown list. Then load your newly saved .csv file into that profile using the 'Load CSV...' button. Then click on the 'Upload Settings to Device' button.

Any wire that can have a predictable/measurable curve can be used.  The resistance shift band on SS seems very small.  I have some but have not tested it yet.

It may be possible (say DNA200v2) to have the chip test a wire build and calculate the curve, then estimate where that falls on a temperature scale.  Once there is a massive amount of data collected from DNA200 usage, curves and temperature the corpus of data will be there to initiate such a design.