LiFePo4 3S a123 26650 packs and higher than 1A charging?

siorai

The manual states that the USB amperage is a setting in EScribe. What I'd like to know, is if we can go over that 1A rating.  Granted, 1A is a fair amount of juice, however, I have many devices (like my VC4 battery charger that draws 2.1A) and my anker batteries/5-port wall charger capable of pushing upwards of 2.4A.  These packs are looking at 10A for the limit of charging. Obviously that's not going to happen here, but what exactly -can- we charge at? 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The spec sheet clearly states that the typical input power is 9 amps & the minimum is .5 which would be inline with most phone chargers. I think many people would use a phone charger since they have one. I specifically purchased higher amp charger(S) for the device only to learn/discover that it does not charge over 1 amp. Why can a device that outputs this much power and has such a large battery as an obvious requirement not charge above 1 amp? An iPad can handle 2 amps...

I've watched a few reviews of devices containing the DNA 200 with the reviewers stating the same so, if I am misunderstanding the spec sheet, I am not the only one... Clarification form the chip manufacturer would be nice... and appreciated. 

• 4 weeks later...

Very sad about it, but it's been my experience that even at the .5A charge rate , the charger on these boards are just not up to the design requirements. 2 different boards fried the Chargers while on .5a USB chargers! The 2nd board was VERY hot around the screen are while on a 1A charger and I disconnected it,a day later used the .5 charger again, and poof! Another board dead, well the USB portion, turns it into an options onboard only chip… I'm scared of charging my wismec by usb now! When I use it on my pc, I RACE to get into diagnostics and shut usb current down to the min of 0.0001a… Very disappointed about all of this!