EEPROM Fail help

NathanG

Really sorry if this is un the wrong section but im desperate now before my Wismec Releaux goes out the window along with my laptop. Every time i plug into my wondows 7 laptop (trued various usb leads as well) its takes 4-5 attempts for my Wismec to be reconisted. I get various errors etc but eventually it connects. Once its connected i can use 'Device Monitor' etc all no probs but if i want to change screen options i get EEPROM programming failed then EEPROM communication failed Ive done the updates under the 'tools - update firmware' Please help as im at the end of my rope. Thanks in advance.

As soon as i plug the Releaux in i get this message "Received no response feom the device. If you were updating the device firmware before this happened, go to Tools-update firmware to complete the update. Otherwise, it may work if you retry". I have to retry 4-5 times.

I GET THAT problem when I use my USB 2.0 port. When I tried it in my USB 3.0 port, it started working perfectly. I wasn't getting it as bad as you, but it would happen about 50% of the time. Also upgrading new settings to the mod took about 2-2.5 minutes with the USB 2.0, but using the USB now takes only about 12 seconds, and I don't get anymore errors. Try using a USB 3.0 port. If you don't have one, try a different USB 2.0 port; or if you're using a desktop, go buy a $10 USB 3.0 card and pop it in. Also make sure you're using the thick cable that came with the mod. Others won't work. Also you have to remember, you're dealing with Chinese made $hi+ (It wouldn't let me post with the actual word I wanted to use. LOL. I thought that vaping was for adults only, so why is this forum censored? I hope it doesn't turn out like ECF.) on both accounts; the cable AND the mod. So maybe source another high current capable USB cable, and make sure it is a charge AND data cable because a lot of high current cables are charge only. My problem is that I have the charge screen settings to show battery percentage, pack voltage, and USB current. When I plug it in (either a USB 2.0, USB 3.0, or a 2.4A wall wart), the battery bar shows the lightning bolt indicating charging, but the display doesn't switch to the charge screen data settings; it continues to show the resistance, the total mAh capacity of the batteries, and temperature. (My non-charging screen settings.) It does show the lightning bolt in the battery bar, and it is indeed actually charging, but the screen doesn't change; no matter how long I wait. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, can you recommend a fix?

XenonRam said:

I GET THAT problem when I use my USB 2.0 port. When I tried it in my USB 3.0 port, it started working perfectly. I wasn't getting it as bad as you, but it would happen about 50% of the time. Also upgrading new settings to the mod took about 2-2.5 minutes with the USB 2.0, but using the USB now takes only about 12 seconds, and I don't get anymore errors. Try using a USB 3.0 port. If you don't have one, try a different USB 2.0 port; or if you're using a desktop, go buy a $10 USB 3.0 card and pop it in. Also make sure you're using the thick cable that came with the mod. Others won't work. Also you have to remember, you're dealing with Chinese made $hi+ (It wouldn't let me post with the actual word I wanted to use. LOL. I thought that vaping was for adults only, so why is this forum censored? I hope it doesn't turn out like ECF.) on both accounts; the cable AND the mod. So maybe source another high current capable USB cable, and make sure it is a charge AND data cable because a lot of high current cables are charge only. My problem is that I have the charge screen settings to show battery percentage, pack voltage, and USB current. When I plug it in (either a USB 2.0, USB 3.0, or a 2.4A wall wart), the battery bar shows the lightning bolt indicating charging, but the display doesn't switch to the charge screen data settings; it continues to show the resistance, the total mAh capacity of the batteries, and temperature. (My non-charging screen settings.) It does show the lightning bolt in the battery bar, and it is indeed actually charging, but the screen doesn't change; no matter how long I wait. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, can you recommend a fix?

Turn the brightness setting up for the display issue :) it really is as simple as that

[/QUOTE]

Turn the brightness setting up for the display issue :) it really is as simple as that[/QUOTE] Thanks, but that's crazy that you can't adjust the brightness without messing something up? By the sound of your prompt concise answer that this is a known, common, problem. Why has this not been resolved!?! I'll let you know if it helps as soon as I try it out. Thanks again, XenonRam

XenonRam said:

Turn the brightness setting up for the display issue :) it really is as simple as that[/QUOTE] Thanks, but that's crazy that you can't adjust the brightness without messing something up? By the sound of your prompt concise answer that this is a known, common, problem. Why has this not been resolved!?! I'll let you know if it helps as soon as I try it out. Thanks again, XenonRam[/QUOTE]

It's well documented here in the early adaptors forum, i had the same issue but saw the same issues raised ny other people. 

For some strange reason i think the default is 0% on the brightness - moved mine up to 75% and the screens change to what i've set them too.

Downside - When charging the display never goes out :(