Titanium Coils

pittsme

All
I recently have been playing wit titanium wire and have run into a few issues.  Prior to coil build, I visited Stem Engine website and grabbed their Ti wire file and loaded it into E-Scribe.  I then wrapped a coil at 0.25 ohm coils and fired it at 400 degrees at 40 watts on a TFV4 RBA.  It seemed fine for the first few fires on my Opus 200.  I sat it down and picked it up later and fired mod. Flames began to shoot up the atty stack.  This occurred twice and I have since given up on the Ti wire builds.  Any ideas?

Somehow, somewhere, the resistance changed.  I would carefully check, and clean, the 510 connector on the mod.  Then move on to the atomizer connector.  After that check the atomizer, itself, for potential problems between the connector and the coil mounts.

Just a guess, but getting flames out of the chimney would seem to indicate that resistance went "high", for whatever reason, and the DNA simply applied the voltage require for the new, higher resistance.  I've been using Fogger V6 and Aromamizers and haven't seen any problems since I started with DNA chips four months, and about a liter of liquid, ago.

+1 on advice given. The atomizer analyzer built into eScribe can be very helpful in diagnosing these issues. I experienced a similar issue on one of my atty's, and it turned out that the positive pin was just a tiny bit loose, almost imperceptibly so. I tightened it, and it's been working flawlessly ever since.

Do you happen to have a different temp control mod? I could never get titanium builds to work right with this board from bright red glowing coils to burning cotton at low temperature. Some of it was on my error, but once the nice people on here helped me it got much better and vapable, but not quite ideal. Threw it on a different non Dna200 temp control device and its been working flawlessly. I still love the Dna's but been getting so tired of troubleshooting than vaping..

Hello. I just got the tfv4 mini last week. Not sure which rba deck you are using but was having the same issue, not as drastic as you described, with Ti and the tfv4 deck. What I found is on the Clapton rba deck the chimney is tight tolerances. When I cut my coil after mounting the ends just touched after I fired the coil (yes with wet wick). I just push the ends tight to the screw heads and retighten the screws, which thought I was going to strip out the heads. Came out at .18 ohm twisted stable for 4 days use. Built single coil Ti last night .24 ohm with no issue. Wrapped the ends around screw heads before clipping to test my theory. Hope some of that helps with the previous posts.