Come Work at Evolv

Brandon

We are looking to fill several positions in the near future.  If you qualify and are interested please contact us.

Senior CNC Machinist

Key Resposibilities:
Designing, machining, and building fixtures for electrical and mechanical assembly. Doing setup and tooling for short and long run products.  Operation of palletized and automated machining cells.  

Must possess:
Programming experience

Pluses:
Fluency in HSMWorks, SolidCAM, or equivalent CAM software
Robot and Automation experience
Supervisory Experience
Some tool and die experience

Type of employment:
First shift/full Time with benefits

Base Pay:
$30/hour plus benefits

Automation Engineer

Key Resposibilities:
Design, oversee construction, construction, and programming of automated assembly cells and lines.  

Must possess:
Minimum 5 years experience (10 years preferred)
Experience with PLC and robot programming
Experience with machine vision systems and computer programming
Mechanical and electrical design experience
Experience with automated material handling and automated assembly
B.S.M.E., B.S.E.E., or equivalent

Pluses:
SolidWorks Experience
CNC machining or SMC electrical assembly experience

Type of Employment:
Salary

Pay Range:
$80,000 to $120,000 per year dependent upon experience

Electrical Assembly Techs

Key Resposibilities:
Soldering, electrical assembly, and mechanical assembly.  Operation of automatic and semi-automatic machinery.

Must Possess:
Excellent vision and motorskills as all of the parts you'll be working with are small
Basic computer proficiency
Excellent attention to detail

Pluses:
Experience working in high production environments

Type of Employment:
Full time with benefits

Pay Range:
$14 to $17 dependent upon experience

We are also looking for several entry level assemblers, who would like to learn the trade and grow with the company.  

• Like 1

mikepetro said:

Too bad you are so far away, I have a solid background (and meet all your listed requirements except Solidworks) for the Automation Engineer position. I am not interested in relocating though, unless its to the coast.

Come on Mike, you could telecommute that job!  Oh hell, I better be careful.  Don't want to get banned here too.
  • Haha 1

Where are you guys located at? I have about 2 years of experience and just finished an associates in mechanical engineering tech. and currently run high precision 5-axis milling/turning machines doing set-up/teardown some g-code when necessary and I have some experience with autocad/inventor/3dsmax. Always looking to learn more and develop my skills however!

XenonRam said:

Uh oh... Does this mean Evolv is going to be making a mod!?!? Maybe a Darwin 200? Sounds good to me. I hope so.

I'm just guessing but I had heard rumors of them making diy kits with the reference mod they used for beta. I really hope that is true because it will make it way easier for people to get into putting together their own mods with a dna 200, good experience, fun, and saves money.
  • Like 1

Is that a rumor? I thought we'd been pretty open about that plan. 

But we have zero full time machinists right now, and while I can run the machines for prototyping and betas, I can't realistically make money if I'm machining cases in production rather than working on electrical designs. 

• Like 2

John said:

Is that a rumor? I thought we'd been pretty open about that plan. 

But we have zero full time machinists right now, and while I can run the machines for prototyping and betas, I can't realistically make money if I'm machining cases in production rather than working on electrical designs. 

You wanna make money?? You gotta lota nerve...:)

-C

John; "Rumour," I guess. I know you guys said in Phil's interview/factor tour video that you were focusing on the boards and not devices, right? I didn't hear anywhere that you were planning on making mods, but I'm not really in any of the inner circles though either. That will be pretty awesome though.

• 4 weeks later...

Brandon check out my solder work instagram.com/xevape

Let me know if you have a position in repair or something.   I have a 9-5 however always looking for more work for the house of my dreams for my wife and daughter.

Thanks buddy.

I went to ITT Tech and studied Computer and Electronic Engineering. Was not able to get the degree due to some unforeseen life events. I have mostly used what I learned for hobby stuff and PC repair. Currently working a factory in Peru, IN mostly using saws, machine presses and table presses. This was a recent project of mine and as you can see, I would probably make a good fit with my soldering skills. Unfortunately the drive would be 4hr 20mins one way from Indiana unless I relocated ;). Pay no attention to the leads on the board. Left them long enough in case something did not function properly and they are about to get a trimming. 20150731_120825.jpg 

20150731_120800.jpg