Hard reboot required for correct ohm reading

blueridgedog

This has just come up in what has been an otherwise correctly working mod.

Screen_Shot_2015-12-19_at_9.03.02_AM.png  
The above shows what the mod looks like when the issue arrives.  It is a .17 ohm build, but the board will occasionally see it as .23.  How can it read .186 and calculate a cold ohm value of .234?

Giving it a hard reboot, resets it:

Screen_Shot_2015-12-19_at_9.05.29_AM.png 
Is this a case calibration issue or????

The issue is a PITA as it requires a computer to overcome, or a manual change to the set temp to keep vaping.

I know my way around the board and building TC atomizers and this one has me stumped.

Screen_Shot_2015-12-19_at_9.03.02_AM.png

The only theory I have right now is that the mod goes into "ohms lock" mode.  I just went into that profile and clicked unlock and it behaved as it it was locked previously.  We could use some indication (on the mod?) if it is in locked mode.  I don't use ohms lock as I just usually toss atomizers that require it into the trash, so if that is the issue, I have no idea how it arrived there.

You should also be able get the same result forcing a new coil reading without a PC connection by loosening the atty, firing, re-tightening the atty and choosing new coil.  It does seem to be a bug in refinement I would expect the logic give high priority to using the minimum resistance it measures while the room temp is >= 70 F as cold ohms.

Does soft reboot have the same effect?  

Hard will lose the short term memory used by refinement and I would expect soft to store the current cold ohms before cycling.  Hard is the same as disconnecting the battery and soft the same as going into sleep mode with regard to saving settings.

I got a similar behaviour from an origenny V2 clone jumping 30-40% in resistance after the mod had cooled for a few hours and cured it by tightening the common coil ground screw with a Allen key rather than the screw driver type ones, it had previously felt tight and it felt like I was doing it up far too tight for a M2.5 screw but it cured the problem.

VapingBad said:

You should also be able get the same result forcing a new coil reading without a PC connection by loosening the atty, firing, re-tightening the atty and choosing new coil.  It does seem to be a bug in refinement I would expect the logic give high priority to using the minimum resistance it measures while the room temp is >= 70 F as cold ohms.

Does soft reboot have the same effect?  

Hard will lose the short term memory used by refinement and I would expect soft to store the current cold ohms before cycling.  Hard is the same as disconnecting the battery and soft the same as going into sleep mode with regard to saving settings.

How do you hard or soft reboot???

MegaVape said:

It is an option in the Escribe software. It's under "Tools"

Ok, I'll check. While on the topic, let me ask a question completely unrelated to this thread and forum (lol), does anyone know how to reboot an Evic VTC Mini to force the New Coil/Same Coil prompt?