Newbie quesfion about device monitor Vi200 box mod

Hello all. I have the Hcigars Vi200 box mod. Relatively new to vaping, bout 6 months. And a couple weeks into escribe. Most basic thing I've been able to figure out like with putting in thd correct volts and such in my battery analyzer to make my "hopefully" permanent battery profile. My question pertains to the device monitor window. To put it blunt what are the little boxes on the bottom left hand side and what does checking certain ones do to/for my specific mod? I thought i heard checking the boxes "energy" and "time" helps sustain battery life especially for a mod like the vi200 with the battery built in. Another question in device manager I set my temp or power setting to "9" mAh. I was told to turn it up to 14 for my specific mod. Comment on what i should set that to for my vi209 or if i should toggle with it at all? Lol Again I'm slowly learning. Although I read through threads on this forum everyday. Personallly ive found it more helpfull than the manual (have not watched tutorial yet, is that a highly reccomended thing to do?) ThNks in advance -pat

in escribe, what you're inputing under manufactures settings is not mah but rather the capacity of the lipo battery in terms of watt hours. i ran battery analyzer on the vt200 and got 11.27 watt hours. that seems to be closer to the actual capacity of the lipo the dna can ACTUALLY use. just throw my number in till you have a chance to run batt analyzer for yourself.

So i had a longer message types but i shorted it cuz yeah lol. Ill figure it out. Okay so im in escribe Click device monitor Click "set power" button off to the right And enter in the number you had figured for my (our) specific device So what it it looked like was this: "Power(W)11.27" and then clicked okay. Did i do it right? Or are we talking about seperate things. Had to do the walk thru so u knew exactly what i was talking about lol. I appreciate the input. And yes i will be doing a batteyr test soon!

pateyevee said:

So i had a longer message types but i shorted it cuz yeah lol. Ill figure it out. Okay so im in escribe Click device monitor Click "set power" button off to the right And enter in the number you had figured for my (our) specific device So what it it looked like was this: "Power(W)11.27" and then clicked okay. Did i do it right? Or are we talking about seperate things. Had to do the walk thru so u knew exactly what i was talking about lol. I appreciate the input. And yes i will be doing a batteyr test soon!

No in Device Monitor that is the power (W Watts) you are vaping at, on the Mod tab it is the power contained in the batteries (Wh Watt hours).  The settings in Device Monitor are just ther for convenience to operate the mod from the computer.

So what does clicking stuff on the left hand side such as "time" and "energy" do? Does it do anything specific to the mod or is only for viewing specific things within the device monitor? Like viewing certaing figures, click a box and you get readings for various things. Did I answer my own question lol?

Definitely watch the video. What you are doing is converting the milliAMP hour marked on the side of the battery into WATT hours that the chip can measure so it will know how many electrons to push into the battery to fill in completely without over filling. I used the "watt-hour calculator " and entered the 11.27 that it figured. Then I changed my SCREEN tab setting - charging brightness to 40% and charging field 1 to battery charge % uploaded that and waited for the field 2 -usb current to get to .00-.01 no more electrons moving ie full battery at that point I fine tuned the watt hour setting until charging field 1 read 100% capacity. Because each battery is different and I am OCD like that it was showing 97% charged. My final # became 10.88 WATTHOURS I have vaped it down to 3% battery before charging. Sorry for the lengthy lesson