Newbie with TI TC/TCR Questions

I recently started vaping to quit smoking. After trying several different mod boxes I really liked using TI coils in a Lemo V2 with the Joyetech EVIC VT in TI TC mode. After reading all the good things about the Evolv DNA 200, I purchased a SMY SDNA 200W. This mod doesn't have a specific TI TC mode, but seems to work with TI builds. Does anyone have a specific TI TCR that I can update my firmware? I prefer to run TI Clapton coils because I am a flavor chaser and take inhale hits when vaping. I am a tech junkie that loves building his own coils and I work as an electrical engineer, so I do have the abilities but lack the technical knowledge. Could someone please take the time to explain to me about the TI TC/TCR function on this chipset and walk me through how to update my firmware? I am not even sure if I can customize my firmware on this mod box. I have downloaded the Escribe PDF manual and I am beginning to study it. I apologize for my ignorance and thank you for any help!

Resistance 0.33 ? Resistivity 3.62 ?/m TCR in vaping range 3609 ×10-6 TC precision 1192 Heat flux per Watt 1.28 mW/mm² Heat capacity 136.92 mJ/K Current per Volt 3.03 A Power dissipated 100 % Width 0.81 mm Thickness 0.81 mm Length 91.2 mm Surface area 781.14 mm² Cross section area 0.16 mm² Volume 45.34 mm³ Mass 290.52 mg Density 6.41 g/ccm

Hi, all you have to do is run the escribe software, and connect your mod, 

there are 8 profiles you can set up to your own preference.

with the steam engine calc, there is a dna 200 csv you can download  from steam engine for each combination of wires you are using. load that into your profile and then upload the settings to your mod

VapenHippie said:

Thank you. I will give it a go. At least you can't brick your mod like jail breaking cells. Lol

How did it turn out? Would to try the same 32g KA1 clapton ard a 26g TI1 too. Did you manage to get the TC to work with the uploaded csv temp curve from steam engine?

VapenHippie, to set a custom (non-Nickel 200) material for a profile, it's Material->Custom, then click Load CSV to load in the CSV file SteamEngine makes for the DNA 200. Nickel 200 you don't need to do anything.

You could do one profile per material configuration, or one profile per atomizer. The latter is nice if you have particular wattages, temperature limits, etc. that you prefer for different atomizers.

To access it on the device, hold up and down for a few seconds to get the device into Power Lock mode. Then you can switch between profiles by pressing up or down twice, and Fire to select the new profile. This is nice because if you have specific settings you like for each atomizer, you never have to come out of Power Lock mode, and can change atomizers by just, up-up-fire, or whatnot.

• 1 month later...
James said:

VapenHippie, to set a custom (non-Nickel 200) material for a profile, it's Material->Custom, then click Load CSV to load in the CSV file SteamEngine makes for the DNA 200. Nickel 200 you don't need to do anything.

You could do one profile per material configuration, or one profile per atomizer. The latter is nice if you have particular wattages, temperature limits, etc. that you prefer for different atomizers.

To access it on the device, hold up and down for a few seconds to get the device into Power Lock mode. Then you can switch between profiles by pressing up or down twice, and Fire to select the new profile. This is nice because if you have specific settings you like for each atomizer, you never have to come out of Power Lock mode, and can change atomizers by just, up-up-fire, or whatnot.

Is it possible to load a CSV custom file (pre loaded to an escribe profile) say for Kanthal, prior to your build? Or do you have to build it first create your TCR then upload to escribe. Learning curve here. Thanks

I've found Sweet Spots .csv to work better for Ti , the vape was a bit....mmmm....anaemic on steam engines .csv
I'll be getting my Ti wire from there from now on , at least they are a seller that's willing to go that extra bit to create these files for us.

Lee

• 2 weeks later...
Indi said:

I've found Sweet Spots .csv to work better for Ti , the vape was a bit....mmmm....anaemic on steam engines .csv
I'll be getting my Ti wire from there from now on , at least they are a seller that's willing to go that extra bit to create these files for us.

Lee

At the expense of them selling you Grade 2 Ti wire at a dollar per foot.  If that's your thing, so be it.

But at least you don't have to clean it before use, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...