Feature request - power mode boost/ramp up

I notice in power mode that the power does t instantly fire at the set wattage, but ramps up, hitting a mid point first. I would love to be able to turn this off. On the same line as the first request, I,would also love to be able to set a preheat for power mode...but instead of a fixed wattage boost, perhaps make it a percentage of set wattage: for example if wattage set to 40w, and boost set to 20% for 1 second, it would fire at 48w for a second, then start firing at 40 for the length of time the button is held. Likewise if set to -20%, it would fire at 32w for a second before kicking up to 40w

The actual ramp up is in the milliseconds. What you are seeing is that the screen is updated four times per second with the average values from the past quarter second. So if you start firing half-way through that quarter second, the average will be between 0 (not firing) and your wattage, and that screen update will be at a midpoint. Take a look at Power in the Device Monitor to see what I mean. :)

I do notice that :). And thank you for the clarification. I think that the reason it "feels" like it is ramping up is I've become spoiled by the preheat in temp mode as well as other mods that have boost functions. With that said, I still would like to see the following enhancements: 1- Preheat/boost curve available in power mode 2- the ability to set the preheat amount as a percentage of the set watts (both in temp mode or power mode). Reason being, it would keep the preheat working as expected when changes are made to the set wattage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...