temp-control has a mind of it's own

shimmy1973

Ive been having much difficulty using the temp-control settings. Ive had the following issues and for the life of me I cannot understand why. 
  • I always get kicked out of temp mode and the board stops reading ni200 and fires like it's kanthal.
This happens everyday! I can use it for hrs...let it sit, and out I go from temp mode and it's a real b*tch to get it to recognize nickle again.
Ive checked and double checked my builds, the post screws, shorts, hotspots....nope, all good there.
I thought maybe I build too low (o.o4ohms) so I built higher...no difference. I get kicked out even if its a o.15ohm tc build.
I've tried dl'ing cvs. files.....nope, same thing happens. Hell Ive tried everything. I 1st thought user error. So I did my research and tried a hundred different things.....same result.
what am I missing here???????

What atomisers,,,?? What mod??? Also puzzeled how do you identifie a hot spot on ni200,,, Keep it simple. One good atty with a single center pin from build deck to female 510 centre in the mod, to eliminate shorts, a single coil ,, in the tens or teens if you can say (0.09/0.12ohm) if its still playing up, you gotta look for solid connections at your 510 in mod and fire wires.

Ok...thank you for the reply. Using a Velocity rda. Twisted 28awg ni200. I dry fire it at low wattage (15w) to work out any hotspots coz they are touching. 10wrap, 3mm inner x 2 o.06ohm build. Ive also tried with Ti & SS.....same result. To touch on your advice to keep it simple, my answe would be why the dna200 then. I bought it because it was advertised to be capable of low hybred builds that I enjoy building. I get it though and appreciate you input. I'm stuck though. Sometimes it works GREAT...other not at all. Please note...Ive tried different builds...and tried the same builds multiple times...same results. I hope someone experienced in my dilemma can chime in and enlighten me  

Think you got the wrong end of the stick ,trying to rule out your coil builds by putting somthing realy simple on there to see if that fails, You havent said what the condemed is or wether youve had the back off and checked for loose wires and connections, ,, my experiance is anyone who thinks theyve got software failur befor checking for mechanical is a nit wit..

I didnt get the wrong end of the proverbial stick 'Black Lace'. Maybe if you'd have read the post b4 resorting to childish name calling you'd have known I didnt blame software or board failure. I'd have more respect for you if you said straight out "hey nit-wit....this is what your doing wrong" and actually helped a dude out but I got your subtle but lame lil dig. I'm tying to sort through why my software jumps in & out of reading ni200. The simplicity of the ni200 build isnt relavent if it wont read the ni200 as nickle but kanthal rather. I already mentioned that posts screws, leads, shorts all checked and double checked. I built the mod to evolv specs in a cnc 1590 A+ w/ a 1350mah 'e-flite' 40C lipo. Different atty's & tanks tried with different tc builds, same. Ive even restored evolv settings and started from scratch. Same again. I let the atty cool to room temp...doesnt help either. Can take 10-20 tried to get it to read ni200...and sometimes it simply wont. I have to put it down and use another mod. It has a mind of its own or so it seems. Thanks for chiming in with 'your' 2 cents though. 'My experience' is ...if you are not going to advise or help without being a dick about it.... keep it moving Mr. or Mrs. Senior Member. You musta had a bad day. I bet your a really nice person and I'm just a dumb noob. Sorry to have taken you away from whatever it is you elitist do. Have a nice evening!

Not a answer just a couple of observations.  I one post you said you had it at 15 W, the board will drop temp limiting if it dose not see a 150 F temp rise in the first second, so low Watts don't help trouble shooting this.  I have seen twisted Ni coils shorting only when fired, it can normally be sorted with a quick strum of the loops.  Also the connections can loosen on some atties after a few heat cycles on a new coils(s).

I recoiled a twin build last night and all four screws where so loose it was only the bends in the leads holding them in place. On anouther occasion i was twisting some very thin ni200 like 32 awg on a single coil kayfun, because i couldnt find anouther use for it after the claptons i built with it were laughable, they wouldnt perform propely, or as i had hoped, its all trail and error till ya get a coil wrap ya comphy with,for a week or so, then ya try anouther design, i dont blame the board every time i wrap a crap coil design, anyway they backed out after one tank load and where sitting under upgraded deck screws with 1.6 mm washers. Didnt short or loos tc though, lol as far as fault finding goes ya gotta build a straight coil, lmao,,