Wismec Reuleaux blank screen heeeelllppp

Hitsta

Hi, I've had a dna200 Reuleaux and after about 2 weeks of use now it's useless. Blank screen. Tried Doing a firmware today via escribe it worked and also a hard reset which wouldn't. For the life of me can't get it to fire or the screen to work. Checked the ribbon it's fine. Any help on getting this back up and running would be awesome.

Wismec did a horrible job of building the reuleaux . The ribbon  cable for the screen is routed under the fire button. Every time u fire the mod the button flexes the cable. after flexing fora while cable will fail. common problem . I expect to see a lot more cases of this popping up in the future. 

With all batteries removed try to connect with Escribe and Hard Reboot and verify all batteries are fully charged to 4.2V. If the Reuleaux won't connect to Escribe then chances are the board is bad, if it does connect use the latest firmware and reinstall the batteries, see if all 3 in the Monitor have the same voltage; they clearly should. If it's connected to Escribe the screen is still blank and the Mod is not in Stealth mode and or the Screen is not at 0% then either the screen is dead or improperly seated.

I love my Reuleaux, but, I've replaced the screen entirely because I broke the first one, though the replacement has the ribbon cable safely out of the way, I replaced the wiring with more conductive, thicker wire and I grounded it out much more efficiently. Bone stock, I'd worry about these things. Weren't too hard to fix, but I make mods and even I broke the screen once. I'd say the ground (which is only a f'ing screw) on the sled is probably loose or your batteries aren't connecting if it's completely dead, though your zif socket could be f'd, your ribbon broke, or etc and the mod works, you just don't know it.

Connect it to Escribe with no batteries in it to see if Escribe recognizes the device. If so, carefully insert three, married, fully charged properly wrapped batteries (the positive contacts on the Reuleaux DNA200 are picky and won't let you use batteries with wonky wraps, at least up top), then go a complete restore to defaults and a hard reboot. Go into the device monitor, with an atomizer attached (use the 'Set Power' option in the device monitor menu to up the wattage to a reasonable number), also, before you do this, go into the atomizer analyzer to make sure it's accurately reading the ohms of whatever device is connected.

If all is good, device is connected, mod works, good batteries, a decent wattage option is set, hit the firing button in the device monitor to see if it's sending power. If it isn't, click the firing button five times to see if it's locked, which if it is, that will unlock it and try again. If the chip is good and Escribe recognizes it, and the 510 is making contact, plus you know it isn't locked, and it won't fire, I have NO IDEA what your problem is, but it's unlikely all this would occur.

If Escribe won't recognize the device at all, batteries in it or not, your entire board is dead, could be anything, but I'd check the fuse if this is the case to see if it's simple to fix.

If Escribe is recognizing it and your ohms are off or not reading, the 510 has an issue.

If all that is fine, but it still won't fire, your firing button could not be connecting, or a solder joint/wire is faulted somehow and needs to be replaced/resoldered.

If it fires, is recognized, reads and all that, your mod is either in stealth mode or the ribbon cable has gave from being flexed or something like that.

Or your batteries could just be making the mod not want to power up because of how they're wrapped.

Try all this and post your results. Make sure you let us/me know if Escribe is even recognizing the device, you kinda didn't give any details last time. All the little stuff matters.

i just commented on your youtube video. looks like your screen is very dim and completely goes blank when you press the fire button. make sure your screen brightness is set accordingly (above 50%) for active, idle etc. at least for the time being. if that doesn't work then your screen isn't connected into the zif socket completely or your zif socket locking flap is open, or your fire button is hitting the screen ribbon, damaging it.

Voku said:

The screen is set to 100 %. The power button does not work

Maybe the problem is with
- tape
- mass
We'll see

Czy chcesz powiedzie?, ?e jasno?? ekranu jest pewne na maksimum? Bo widz?, ekran, ledwo. Wewn?trzna ZIF mog? by? lu?ne, lub sama wst??ka mo?e by?. Tak?e by zdoby? jeden z wcze?niejszych wersji, gdzie przycisk uderzy?a wst??k? raczej ?le.

Fakt, nie ma odpowiedzi do rozpylacza jest problem sprawia, ?e rzecz mo?e mie? lu?ne po??czenie gdzie?, czy mo?e ca?a p?yta jest z?a. Przepraszam za to, mój polski jest o jak twój angielski, nie najlepsze.

Id? do analizatora rozpylacza w Escribe i upewni? si?, czy urz?dzenie jest w?a?ciwie odczytuj?c opór (Ohms) urz?dzenia.

Voku said:

I do not have it now, I gave him for repair.
I am waiting for a response from the store.

The screen brightness set to maximum in Escribe.
There was no response to the atomizer. Escribie not detect atomizer

Feel free to speak to me in Polish, as I know the language as well as German fairly well, also a number of Slavic languages as I'm originally a native to Serbia who moved to the US. I know what it's like learning English, and how frustrating it can be to never seem like you're saying the right things. I've been there, and I'm happy to help if the store doesn't get it sorted out from you. But to me, if Escribe wasn't even reading a resistance in the atomizer analyzer, it's probably a 510 issue, but the screen being dimmed out sounds like an issue with the board itself or a connection if the brightness was maxed out. Unless you have horrible luck, and your button flexed your screen ribbon to death, AND you came up with a 510 issue. Either way, best of luck still, and I'm happy to help if the store can't in any way I can, as I also know what it's like to have frustrating issues with a DNA200 device.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...