Won't charge and pulling too much amperage

JTree

The title says it all I guess. I'm not sure how much it's pulling because I'm not at home, but it will blow the fuse in a cigarette lighter usb adapter :/ Any ideas? I just got this board back from evolve after the first one fried on me. This is sad. Both times it worked for a day and then died :( Oh well....guess I'll pull out the back up mod for now.

the dna charging circuit should only draw one amp while charging. provided your power source is capable of providing at least one amp. i'd say ditch that cigarette lighter usb charger. it could be faulty. your usb cord could as be damaged causing a hard short blowing the fuse in the charger. ditch both to be on the safe side. try an actual wall mount (wall wart) usb charger that is rated for at least one amp on the output and different usb cable.

I should have mentioned that I had already bought a replacement 12v to usb adapter and it blew that one too and tried different cords. Just for giggles I plugged it in to 2 different wall adapters tonight that I knkw to be good. No dice. On the plus side, it didn't ruin the wall adapters like it ruined the car adapters, but still......another board failing likely. I really want this to work. This board is the only accurate temperature limiting expierience i've ever had and both builds lasted a little longer than a day....enough to solidify my resolve, but this is frustrating.

honestly it sounds like a hard short somewhere. maybe a stray piece of copper wire is somewhere it doesn't belong? maybe a something like, what i call, "solder free floaters." that have worked their way into the charging circuit portion of the board. can you shine a light into the usb port on your dna and see if anything like that is inside of it?