Thoughts on DNA200 whiteout by cloudmaker technologies anyone?

johara45

Just picked up one of these mods and have to say I'm not the least bit impressed with the overall design. I can't seem to understand why with all the space that is in there, they would cram everything at the upper most part of the mod. The main battery leads from the battery through the connector to board need to be muscled in to get the side panel to sit flush. Why use such large gauge wire only to get it the way of something that suppose to be modular? Coming from r/c helicopters my smaller speed controls have the same gauge and I would think that the helicopters use way more power and draw way more current than this mod. My other 3 DNA200's don't use battery leads this large why would cloudmaker do this? I think its quite stupid to cram electronics and smashing wires especially while using lipo batteries. I wouldn't recommend this mod to anyone. For 200 dollars I wish I bought something else. 

I believe it's an xt30 connector it does get in the way a little bit and they could have possibly used something a little smaller, and I agree they could have used a larger battery, but width wise they isn't much space. I know they are if not already have an upgraded larger capacity battery.

I cancelled my pre-order as soon as I saw the final version. It looks nothing like the actual prototypes they were working on and even looks like they might have used cheaper parts due to availability and the shipping issues they were having. Haven't seen one up close but I think it looks hideous compared to what I could put together on a custom box.

Yeah, I think that was probably best. It kind of feels cheap, and being that it's "modular" it actually doesn't seem like much you can do with it except change the colors. Layout seems kind of restrictive, and quality just doesn't seem to be there. I expected it to more for a 200$ box. My other 4 Dna200 feels of higher quality although I could be wrong as I never went far into opening them up..

• 2 weeks later...
g33kinsid3 said:

I cancelled my pre-order as soon as I saw the final version. It looks nothing like the actual prototypes they were working on and even looks like they might have used cheaper parts due to availability and the shipping issues they were having. Haven't seen one up close but I think it looks hideous compared to what I could put together on a custom box.

how to install 510 connect and soldgering?

image.jpg

image.jpg