Different DNA200 chips..

Hi, I was wondering if some of you experts might be able to shed some light on something a friend told me.. He is a very experienced vaper, but I just couldn't understand what he was talking about when it came to the DNA200.. I was going to get a Reuleaux DNA200, but he told me that it was "the crappiest version of the DNA200.. Are there different versions of the 200? He said there were no presets and some other stuff I can't remember at the moment.. I noticed there is firmware software and the Escribe software for it.. Are there different 200s that can't be upgraded or used with the escribe software? I ended up getting the RX200 and I'm happy with it and it works fine, but I don't have a DNA200 mod to compare it to.. Only rDNA40s, which is a far cry from the 200. Are there differences in the "versions" of dna200s, I.e. Some that can't be upgraded to the newest firmware or used with Escribe? Also, in your opinion what is the "best" DNA200 mod?? I appreciate your input on this matter!!! Keep on Vapin'

Deejayaustin said:

Hi, I was wondering if some of you experts might be able to shed some light on something a friend told me.. He is a very experienced vaper, but I just couldn't understand what he was talking about when it came to the DNA200.. I was going to get a Reuleaux DNA200, but he told me that it was "the crappiest version of the DNA200.. Are there different versions of the 200? He said there were no presets and some other stuff I can't remember at the moment.. I noticed there is firmware software and the Escribe software for it.. Are there different 200s that can't be upgraded or used with the escribe software? I ended up getting the RX200 and I'm happy with it and it works fine, but I don't have a DNA200 mod to compare it to.. Only rDNA40s, which is a far cry from the 200. Are there differences in the "versions" of dna200s, I.e. Some that can't be upgraded to the newest firmware or used with Escribe? Also, in your opinion what is the "best" DNA200 mod?? I appreciate your input on this matter!!! Keep on Vapin'

there is quite a big difference between the wismec reuleaux DNA 200 and wismec RX200. on the subject of there being "crappy" or "non firmware upgradeable" versions of the DNA 200, that is simply not true. if the device has an authentic DNA 200 board, it will come from evolv just like all other DNA boards and all DNA 200 boards will be firmware upgradeable and able to use the escribe computer program. 

as for the the best DNA 200 mod available now, that's up for debate. i personally like my  WISMEC REULEAUX DNA 200 and my VT200. with my hammond 1590A coming in third. it comes down to what will suit your needs as a device and as a vaper.

I think what he was talking about were presets and stuff.. Do they have all the presets available on the escribe program, or do you have to set them up yourself? I.e. I saw a mod recently that wait it came with 9 presets.. Also when you look at the specs of different mods with the dna200 and some have more features with the same chip.. Is that all able to be changed in escribe or are some mods just limited? For example, do all the dna200 mods have/are capable of all the dna200 chip features?

There are eight presets for you to configure however you wish, either simply by mod in hand or in a moor advanced manner connected into escribe, then you also have three simple wire type options or csv files, titanium, stainless steel, and ni200 pre set, but you can load as many as you wish into thr dna200 memory and as advanced as you wish via programs such as steam engine wire wizzard, and then intergrate them into your presets, you can also program one preset to be temp dominant and anouther to be wattage dominant,,

Hey guys, do any of you have a site with the cvn files or any you might share of with a newcomer. Is there a place online to download profiles for the different coils for different tanks, I.e. Crown, aspire,.. Sorry for sounding so ignorant, but I havnt played with escribe or even have my dna200 mod yet.. Still looking for suggestions for that, to

There's nothing wrong with the Reuleaux DNA200, I love mine. The ability to just swap out the 3 18650 batteries and the watt hours are a big advantage over the built in cells. I also love the ergonomics of it, it's the most comfortable mod to hold I've ever owned.
As for the differ csv files the different wire types are available using steam engine. Also you can join many of the Reuleaux DNA200/RX200 facebook groups where you'll find plenty of help getting any files you need.