reuleaux reading 0 battery and wont fire

zacrum

hey all so ive had it for about a month and it worked fine then today  it started reading 0 battery   and wont fire any thing but the screen stays on when it has a power supply   and if its unplugged will still turn on for about 10 seconds    to say no bat or check bat 

Strange, you have probably tried this, but just in case you have not clean all the battery contacts and the ends of the batteries with IPA, rubbing alcohol or mentholated spirit and fully charge your batteries then look at the individual cell voltages in EScribe - Device Monitor, they should all be equal both at rest and when firing (small deviations when firing are OK).

I'm not entirely clear of your circumstances here, but if you're having battery issues then.
1. Make certain that the Battery Profile is for the batteries installed.
2. Remove and externally charge all 3 batteries to a full charge state. Note any differences in charging behavior and in particular initial voltages. (Unbalanced)
3. Make certain all three batteries are a matching set, new, and ideally from the same batch ie all 3 are paired set purchased together. (Married set)
4. Upon reinstallation perform a Hard Reboot from Escribe.

Generally most problems are unbalanced batteries and poor contacts. For proper function the batteries must both charge and discharge evenly; variations past +/- 0.2V are problematic.

Hard-reboot.jpg

• 2 months later...

I am experiencing something similar... In device monitor I am getting very weird values on the cells. They are fully charged (externally) married Aspire 2500 ICR 18650 and I get the exact same results using 3 Samsung 2500mah married cells ??? I tested the cells with a multimeter and they all appear to be perfectly sound.  Any help would be appreciated.

Capture.jpg

without any cell in mod, I still get a reading  of 2.95V on Cell 3 ????

Capture_no_cell.jpg 

First just let me say that this is just the result of "thinking about it" so keep that in mind.
Here is a screen of my good working Wismec with no batteries.
[image]
Here is a diagram that was posted by VapingBad:
[image] 
I very well might be all wet on this but I believe that the small black wire going to #1 is open or has a bad solder joint on one end or the other.
Additionally I have been considering that the projections of the case where the board screws to and grounds may not be providing a good ground also.... just thinking out loud here though.

The reading a voltage on cell 3 with no battery is usual, it must be the USB power through the charging/balance circuit.  It seems that if one cell is not fully connected it affects the readings for the other 2, I wouldn't recommend trying this, but I just hooked my working one up to EScribe and removed the batteries. 
They were all 3.68 V (VTC4)
Removed cell 2 then 1 = 2.81 V, 3 = 2.85 V
Removed cell 2 & 3 then 1 = 3.05 V, 3 = 1.58V
Removed cell 2 & 1 then 1 = 1.45 V, 3 = 3.04V
Removed all then 1 = 0.57 V, 2 = 0.00 V, 3 = 3.04 V
(disconnect from EScribe before putting the batteries back or you will just confuse the board)

So all the symptoms in earlier posts could just be from one poor connection, IDK I have not had an issue with my Reuleaux,  but would look at the wiring, the ground screw and the reverse protection rings as possible causes.

So my plan was to open up my reuleaux and cut the small black wire then see the results. When I removed the battery sled I saw something that I didn't expect to see (even though I don't know what it is). The number 1 and 3 are not jumpered to the battery connections with a piece of wire but with what ever the picture here is. On the component used it it black and marked "0" not 205 like the included picture.
So I stopped the "experiment" and put it back together.
Here is what the component looks like:
  [150px-Register3]

They would just act as a bridge I would think, it depends on the wattage rating, but a fuse on the balance taps needs to be something like 50 mA and I doubt resistors available in low enough wattage.  Resistors were just a guess on my part, but 2 fuses doesn't make sense to me I would expect 4 or none.