Both wismec dna 200 and hcigar dna 200 giving me weak experience....on the other hand vtc mini works like champ!!!what am i doing wrong?

ok 

first of all i love both of these mods but i cant get the same experince vtc mini at 420 F on the dna 200 mods.

its interesting because using vtc mini (firmware 3.0) with custom tcr gives weak experince too.only factory settings.i can vape it dry and no dryhits.awsome.not bragging not advertising its what it is.

both dna 200 mods settings (mod settings) were taken from djlsp vapes site.(on the side note i cant upload firmware and profiles too gives me unknown file format eror) so its not official.

i also used battery curve from his site

the mod settings for vt 200 are below 

VT200

Battery:

Capacity: 11,87

Electrical:

Mod Resistance: 0,022 (Gold Plated SS 510 connector version only) (the 510 connector's color is golden) 

Thermal:

Case Cooling Time Constant: 287,72

Case Heating Time Constant: 301,48

Case USB Charge Temperature Rise: 9,26

Minimum Ambient Temperature: -20

Maximum Ambient Temperature: 110

both from the djlsp vapes profiles , steamengines csv files and tcr gives me again weak vapor.

i am using s316l wire on a hurricane clone.Escribe version 1.0.32. i didnt change the firmware on them (couldnt,....hcigar doesnt even have one on their site.if there is i couldnt find it)

You may say he is an idiot (djlsp vapes) but i only get same experince on dna 200 when i crank it up to 540-580.there must be something i am doing wrong.

Mod resistance  0.0045

Other numbers;

These are the numbers for my Hcigar, you need to run your own thermals but this should get you closer than what you're using.

Try a different wire type ie: Ti, NiFe52, Ni, or if you really want SS, 430 has worked much better for me than 316l/317l.

its very dissapointing dna couldnt do something that a mod that is cheaper than the boards itself could.i run the case study and change the setting.try one more time but i am not very optimistic.

edit:yeah didnt changed any bit.i mean what the hell.both wismec and hcigar.wismec may have a shitty 510 but hcigar has a nice one both.i may have to buy a cuboid or rx 200 just for this.

I don't follow, what is it you think think the Evic does that the DNA can't?   I find the regulation with 316L smoother with the DNA and it has the big advantage of preheat compared to a Evic Mini with V 3 fw.  I have them set at similar temps and max the preheat on the DNAs (200 W, punch = 11, t = 3 s) and am using the SeamEngine 316L curve.  Don't get me wrong the Evic is a bargain.

ETA The Evic need setting about 40-50 F lower, a little worse than I remember but I don't like vaping without preheat so just use it when walking the dog.

I have a RX200 and a eVic mini as well as a DNA200. 

The problem you're experiencing isn't the DNA200 mods. It's the evic whose built in SS316 profile is grossly overpowered. It under-reads the temperature significantly.

I'm willing to bet that if you use a custom TCR for SS316 of 88 or 90 on your evic and then adjust the temperature upwards until your vape is comfortable, you will find that the DNA200 mods will give more or less the same experience at the same temperature. If they don't then you have suspect SS316 wire. I've found that some vendors are selling stuff tagged as SS316L which does not exhibit the expected performance.

In fact, the Joyetech mods are so inaccurate in the built-in SS316 mode that I don't even use it anymore. I only use the custom TCR mode. Numerous other people have confirmed the same thing.

Your DNA mods are functioning correctly. It's the evic that isn't.

well if you are going that way i can say the exact opposite.

look i am not qualified to test this devices and i know dna boards are accurate.

to me it comes to this.cutton starts to singe on 480 F (as far as i know correct me if im wrong) and i want to keep the temp under that and get a good vape.i use tanks and i dont want dry hits.getting so weak vapor/flavor (wisps of vapor i am talking about) at 480 F with saturated wick is not acceptable.

i am not in anyway defending joyetech.their build qualiity is garbage.look at wismec/joyetechs 510s.all i did was watch a review (the guy i mentioned before) from a guy who put thermocouples inside coils and get readings.evic was accurate  (+ - 4 degrees) with s316l (firmware 3.0).i threw a evic mini before the latest firmware because i was frustrated it wasnt tc properly.

and i know the dna 200 is so much complicated.thats why i want to get the thing working.i spend arout 250  bucks to these mods and getting nothing.

right now i am vaping at 390 f with evic with no burnt taste and good flavor.

Trust yourself more if you have to dial different temps to get the vape to match as far as you can then regardless of what the screens say the coils are close to being the same temp.  I find I have to set the Evic 40-50 F lower for a similar temp with StealthVape SS316L.  Personally SS is my least favourite wire, Ni200, NiFe30 and Ti are all much better IMO.

g.tuncelkilinc said:

ok 

first of all i love both of these mods but i cant get the same experince vtc mini at 420 F on the dna 200 mods.

its interesting because using vtc mini (firmware 3.0) with custom tcr gives weak experince too.only factory settings.i can vape it dry and no dryhits.awsome.not bragging not advertising its what it is.

both dna 200 mods settings (mod settings) were taken from djlsp vapes site.(on the side note i cant upload firmware and profiles too gives me unknown file format eror) so its not official.

i also used battery curve from his site

the mod settings for vt 200 are below 

VT200

Battery:

Capacity: 11,87

Electrical:

Mod Resistance: 0,022 (Gold Plated SS 510 connector version only) (the 510 connector's color is golden) 

Thermal:

Case Cooling Time Constant: 287,72

Case Heating Time Constant: 301,48

Case USB Charge Temperature Rise: 9,26

Minimum Ambient Temperature: -20

Maximum Ambient Temperature: 110

both from the djlsp vapes profiles , steamengines csv files and tcr gives me again weak vapor.

i am using s316l wire on a hurricane clone.Escribe version 1.0.32. i didnt change the firmware on them (couldnt,....hcigar doesnt even have one on their site.if there is i couldnt find it)

You may say he is an idiot (djlsp vapes) but i only get same experince on dna 200 when i crank it up to 540-580.there must be something i am doing wrong.

A couple of things that should help:

1. If you are using .022 as your Mod Resistance, that is way too high and it's throwing off your TC. Mod resistance should be around .004 - almost 6 times less than what you are using. I have no idea why he would post such a ridiculous number.

2. You are talking about cotton burning at 480F which is true, but that is bone dry cotton. That's just a test you can use to make sure your mods TC isn't running too hot. In other words you put in dry cotton, set it to 400F and fire, if your cotton burns your TC is off. In real world experience the cotton is always at least damp/moist and your vapor will tail off way before your cotton would ever burn (because it won't be bone dry). Your mixing up a test for bone dry cotton with what will happen once it's moist or wet.

3. You are using an old firmware. Go to this thread to update to the newest firmware.
https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/66731-topic/
It's in the first post. The newest firmware (2016-29-02 Escribe 1.0.42) should take care of your errors.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit  When trying to add a Temperature curve, make sure it has a .csv file extension. If the file extension is .txt it won't work - it has to be changed to .csv

My RX200 and eVic mini on custom TCR mode and my DNA200 all vape using the same atomizers at around 415 - 420 Fahrenheit using SS316L coils AND SS304 coils. No burnt taste, no charring of cotton. 390 seems a little on the low side.

Joyetech SS316 built in profile dramatically under-reports the temperature. We know that the TCR for SS316L is 88. And so if you set 88 on the custom TCR and it gives a weak vape at temperatures you use on the built in profile, then ergo, the built-in profile is under-reporting the temperature. Despite the claim that it is SS316, the Joyetech built in profile seems much closer to SS304 (try a test - set a custom TCR value of around 105 and you will see that the temperatures you achieve with the evic on this custom TCR mode are roughly the same as the built in SS316 profile).

480 seems on the high side. 

If you keep having problems then I suggest trying a different SS316L wire. Yours may be something other than SS316. The Vape Mesh Company sells some pretty good wire at cheap price points that vapes like a charm. They take 5 days to deliver to me in Thailand, so to the USA it should be at least as fast.

actually i am using their wires (mesh company).i am giving another go on titanium (its a b.tch to clean that wire) too but i only get good vape around 540-560 F which should give dry hits.right now i am using wismec dna 200

vtc has this problem on custom tcr (at least firmware 3.0) when you unscrew and screw atty it doesnt ask if its new coil so i am trying to keep away from it.

VTC has this problem even on the SS316 built in profile, that the atomizer reset doesn't work consistently.

I have the base of a Kanger subtank mini with a 0.2 ohm RBA coil in it. When I want to change atomizers, I put in the 0.2 ohm coil, press fire, remove, press fire and then insert my new atomizer. As long as the new coil is higher than 0.3 ohms, it will reset the memory. This is crucial to making the evic work consistently in TC mode.

If you're using the vape mesh company SS316L then from my experience, 390 will give a very weak vape although this is more or less the temperature it shows on my evic in the built-in SS316 profile. Try setting your DNA200 to 415 - 430 and see what difference this makes. I also find that you need to up the watts on the DNA200 by comparison to the evic. 

I MTL, so I like a fairly rapid ramp up in temperature. On my DNA200, I use 25 watts on a 0.7 ohm coil with a 50 watt preheat and a setting of 8 for hard. Lower watts doesn't quite get the temperature to remain at the limit threshold I set. Using the device monitor is quite useful to see how your temperature ramp up and maintenance progresses as you take a hit and whether or not you need to raise or decrease the watts.

Also, if you're not already doing so, then I suggest you try a spaced coil and not a micro-coil

i use 390 F in mini not dna mods.

i tried titanium for few hours but doesnt really work that good.i still need to run in high temps (540-560) and in the end i get a slight singe taste / dry burn.with vt mini i can vape dry the hurricane without any bad taste at all.and when i say dry i mean dry.like not a singe drop of e liquid and pearl white cutton.

its driving me crazy.vt mini is a piece of sh.t mod and it works on preset values.

i dont understand may be its preheat or wattage settings but it hits the temp control instantly and doesnt give me anything.in mini you get at least few seconds of vape(i mtl too mostly on occasion lung too but really restricted like serpent was waay to airy for me)

i may have to try the device monitor and atty analyzer.i never went deep on escribe maybe its time.

Did you change your mod resistance yet? And you can update the firmware using the link posted above - it's the same board, you don't need software from wismec or hcigar to update it.I find thtlat SS usually needs to be set higher then, say, Ni200. And when you consider the evic is actually getting hotter than you have it set to, the temp is always gonna need to be adjusted on a different mod. (So I gather, I don't own an evic)