Anybody Have experience with NiFe 52 or Nife 30 in temp control.

Tjroehr

I have been using ni200 wire very successfully but due to it's low resistance I can't build these advanced coil builds that I long to do.  Also it is kinda hard to work with.  So, I'm thinking of trying a new tc wire.  I have tried titanium with no luck (way too hard to build with/springy).  I was looking into stainless steel but it seems that everybody has problems with it.  I am particurally curious about NiFe wire, I know where to get Nife52 and Nife 30.  It seams to be perfect for me and I was wondering if anyone could chime in on their experience with NiFe wires or any other tc wires and why NiFe is better than other wires.

Just a suggestion, but try heating the Ti to a dull red, either with a dry burn or torch, before wrapping the coil.  Don't go past dull red and be sure to wipe it well with IPA before wrapping your coil.  I use Ti, exclusively, and it works quite well for me anyway.

StealthVape's NiFe30 is very good, still quite low res, but IMO the next best wire to Ni200.

I dry-burn then quench all these wires by using a little higher TCR, low watts and setting the temp to 600 F, if you do this it is entirely at your own risk and you should do your own research, but this is what I do:
For Ni200 use 0.008 as a TCR
For NiFe30 (SV) I use Ni200 wire type
For Ti I use I use NiFe wire type
I reckon all these  keep me below 900 F, start at 550 F in low lighting so you can see if it starts to glow more than very dark red.

VapingBad said:

I do dual coils with SV NiFe30, 9 wraps of 0.4 mm, 2mm ID they are 0.07 ?, I even do dual with the same size Ni200 (0.03 ?)

i'm always worried when i go into .0X ohm range. i worry i'll end up with a broken board. so i tend to stay at or above .1 ohm range. don't want to snap the timing belt or blow the dna's head gasket. just me being overly cautious.