Warranty Service error

lifealert

Device HCigar VT200, received ~Dec 1st 2015.

Well, I've tried replacing the LiPo, connecting the board without the LiPo, older and newest versions of EScribe, and about 10 different micro-USB cables.

When plugged in screen says 'Warranty Error'

When connected to PC Windows gives an error 'USB Device not recognized'

EScribe will not detect the device.

Any suggestions?

lifealert said:

Device HCigar VT200, received ~Dec 1st 2015.

Well, I've tried replacing the LiPo, connecting the board without the LiPo, older and newest versions of EScribe, and about 10 different micro-USB cables.

When plugged in screen says 'Warranty Error'

When connected to PC Windows gives an error 'USB Device not recognized'

EScribe will not detect the device.

Any suggestions?

you're positive the board is dead and you've forced a firmware update? and still no go........ if you're handy with a soldering iron you can open a help ticket with evolv and send the board in for a replacement. most likely an RMA situation. 

ChunkyButt200 said:

you're positive the board is dead and you've forced a firmware update? and still no go........ if you're handy with a soldering iron you can open a help ticket with evolv and send the board in for a replacement. most likely an RMA situation. 

@ChunkyButt200 How does one force a firmware update when windows/escribe will not recognize the board?

even tho it says it's not connected, sometimes a firmware redo does work, and sometimes not. under tools - update firmware - keep hitting ok see if works.......if it keeps saying device not found then that means it's RMA time. not worth the trouble of trying to bring it back from the dead. i have heard of evolv taking in entire devices and replacing/repairing the board. just don't be surprised if asked to only send in the board.

just to be clear, you have had escribe working with this mod before? as in, you remember what usb cable also has data and charge capabilities? make sure you're using a known escribe compatible usb cable. 

Can i add to what chunky said, if your sure it worked beffor, have you tried connecting anything els to the computer using the said same cable & port ect, most computers these days do so many things behind the screen its hard to tell when its fully booted up.. i share a computer, it could do with a tilt switch, ii dont have a problem with it myselfe, but i give it and programs plenty of time to load up.. i also notice the usb female sockets on all my mods are quite dusty even grimey and could do with brushing out with a tooth brush or somthing, to get more a sound connection.. But at the end of the day, flashing up warranty service, sounds like a get out of jail free card and ya need ta send it in..