Variations in output voltage across different DNA200 mods I own.

MikeTheVapeDude

I just noticed this. The maximum output of the chip is 9V. I switched from SS fused claptons to kanthal fused claptons to get a higher resistance because I like a high output voltage. I like heat, I like no ramp up. So, on my SMY SDNA200 (v2) the maximum output is 8.74V, on the Bigger DNA200 it's 8.62V, on my 6,200 20C 3S powered custom DNA200, it's 8.98. What's up with this? I couldn't find any information elsewhere, so I'm asking.

Opps I don't know how I put current limit that is the low end of res, it is the voltage limit at the high end and 0.4 ? is the max for 200 W in the spec sheet. So as some of the resistances are outside the spec for full power I imagine it is just sag, try it again with 0.3 ?.
dna200A1pow1.jpg 

It's universal across all builds. The voltage displayed (output) by the DNA board when metered is VERY, VERY close to the oscilloscope touch reads I got on output. So it's not lost voltage nor is it build variations. Each device has its own maximum voltage output that is universal across builds. Try it on your own DNA200 and see if it makes it to the full 9.00V.

I never said it would be recommended if you want an accurate wattage calculation. I'm just telling you how to get 9 volts output. The DNA board only outputs voltage, any adjustments for mod resistance or temperature protection has to be subtracted from that voltage. I don't quite understand why you want 9 volts so bad, if you want power, drop your resistance a bit and hit it at 200 watts. Maybe you have a possible bug fix where the 9 volt wall is based off of your raw resistance not the calculated resistance.

9volts.jpg