510 pin stuck down lavabox dna 200

Dubbzz

So I was screwing on my twisted messes RDA onto my lavabox dna 200 and to get it flush I screwed it down tight. Well when I unscrewed my rda I noticed the 510 pin was stuck down. So now if I put on my smok tfv4 it doesn't read it because my 510 pin won't touch it. Does anyone know how to get it unstuck? Or how I can fix this. Thanks.

20160228_090308.jpg

Dubbzz said:

So I was screwing on my twisted messes RDA onto my lavabox dna 200 and to get it flush I screwed it down tight. Well when I unscrewed my rda I noticed the 510 pin was stuck down. So now if I put on my smok tfv4 it doesn't read it because my 510 pin won't touch it. Does anyone know how to get it unstuck? Or how I can fix this. Thanks.

you can try tapping the mod against something (don't go all 'hulk smash' on it though). you can get something very pointy and try to pry the pin back up. lastly (what i do) take the mod apart, disconnect the batt and push from the inside, underneath the positive pin (where the wire is soldered to). it looks like you crushed and split the insulator for the pin. worst case you might need a new 510.

if you're not comfortable taking the screws out and opening up the mod, you can contact volcano ecigs about repairs. 

i never force an atty to sit flush with a device. if there's a gap, there's a gap.

Right after I got my first DNA200 mod (Opus) I screwed in my Magma clone with it's extra long 510 and pushed the 510 insulator down a mm or so.
I simply screwed it back in from the inside. To eliminate it happening again I placed an o-ring on the threaded part of the Magma's 510 as a "stop". When I feel the o-ring compressing I stop tightening.

• 1 month later...

Do you unscrew the white plastic grommet? Because I don't see any screws once the black plastic is removed, only screws holding the board in place. The 510 assembly seems to be stuck onto the box itself.

I'm having issues with attys not sitting flush, the 510 assembly seems to be a bit slanted, the front where the screen is is slightly elevated. Was hoping I can fix this myself.

My friend dropped his Vapecig Vtbox200 with atty and the 510 got angled. If not too bad perhaps live with it. Try this at your own risk.
I placed the mod on a solid surface and using the correct size socket and a very small hammer and multiple light blows I drove it back into place.
I was worried about one of the inductors  coming off the board but all went well without a mark on it. I can't really say that I reccomend it but this is how I fixed it.
[image]  [image] 

rice721 said:

Do you unscrew the white plastic grommet? Because I don't see any screws once the black plastic is removed, only screws holding the board in place. The 510 assembly seems to be stuck onto the box itself.

I'm having issues with attys not sitting flush, the 510 assembly seems to be a bit slanted, the front where the screen is is slightly elevated. Was hoping I can fix this myself.

Yes unscrew the white thing it will let the 510 loose. Then you can adjust it then re-tighten it down after you get it back the way you want it

just wanna say thanks to dwcraig. didn't have a hammer handy, did have some padding and a moderately heavy screw driver. 

Attached a 22mm atty, padded top and bottom to a solid surface and went at it. Removed the lipo before I did this obviously. It helped, if it was a 2mm gap now its down to 0.5mm

Being OCD as I am, ordered some rubber mullets (23mm head). Going to attempt to get the gap as close to 0 as possible :)

[edit1]The entire process reminded me of a UD Zephyrus V2 clone I bought for 10 bucks, ended up trashing it. Shoulda kept the atty for situations like this.

[edit] Dubbzz is right, the 510 pin can be removed from inside the mod by removing rubber cover > battery cover > battery > plastic panel > then unscrewing the white plastic grommet. Be prepared to do this for a while as space is minimum and I got fat fingers. Also it was a bit of a pain to put the 510 pin back in. However this process was not really necessary (unless hammering the atty damages the 510) for me as the silver ring around the 510pin is press fit

The cap end at bottom of the 510, If you just back it off a 1/4 turn it will work better, the center pin will travell moor freely and also a little lower. if your worried that it will unscrew itself connecting and disconnecting attys, just put a blob of epoxi glue on it, if your 510s havent got back nuts and are just press fit, sorry to tell you they are shitt and will eventualy work loose, you can upgrade to all manner of bolt thtough 510 connectors but it aint a simple job..