e-liquid taste with SS316L V.S. Kanthal

seekerom

Hello people! :)

Another question about SS316L.

Had some experiments with it. I'm vaping on Lavabox Dna200. UD Bellus. Dual coil. 

Made coils 0.5 ohm, tried also 0.35 ohm. 28 gauge. Spaced.

Used different configurations of SS316L profile:

temperature - tried different temps. - 390, 420, 450, 480 ...
preheat power - tried 1, 20, 30, 50
preheat punch - 1 - 10
preheat time - 0.5 - 3

Put in my favorite liquid.

Seems like my liquid lost it taste with SS. I have a lot of vapor but the taste is just sweet. And with Kanthal this liquid has very complexed and good taste.
Tried 25 - 100 w - same result ... no taste, just sweetness..

tried different configurations with no result. 

Am I doing anything wrong? 

thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

in my experience with temp control it takes a little tweaking to get the right vape. the dna200 is an amazing chip just takes getting use to.
these are the settings i use for dual spaced coils wrapped on #6-32 machine screws 10 wraps each. flavor is great, i don't hit temp protection and don't lock my ohms.ss316.jpg 

I had simular experiance using stainless, several months ago, i couldnt really get to grips with the coils and csv's, and when i thought i had got somthing steady the juice tasted awful, its very much an each to his own thing,, but having been using this site for several months, the stainless did come up quite often as problematic, not so much now that the new update carries a profile. i'm using kanthal in a dripper right now and as far as tc goes im using a lot of nife30, people must have some extreamly well tuned taste buds to rate one tc material over anouther, but again each to their own..

trying to adjust a Ti1 build for Bellus now .... it's pretty different results than the same build on RDA mutation x4 ... what gives good flavor on mutation, doesn't work good for Bellus... using 26 g Ti1 6 wraps 2 mm - 0.11 ohm ... any sujestions for Bellus?

I'll use this pic here as a reference, my coils are closer to the posts as well as closer to the deck. I'm using Nife70 in one, twisted ss 430 in another and single 430 in yet another, all are dual 2 mm coiled. Great flavor from all, I have no Mutation to compare with but I sure know flavor.
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/new-youde-rta-the-bellus.700001/page-64#post-17743195

Repply to #9.. and thanx for the link above.. Havnt got the faintest idear mate, i think the real answer is all about juice flow around the coil, i've got a few aromatizers, and other rdta's and the only way i can get the same flavour as a dripper is by dripping some down the spout. Also have never used any ti.. my prefrence to nife30 above ni200, i dont know that for sure either, i do know its easy to bend but not stupidly soft and its almost twice the resistance as ni and i like that, so nothing to do with flavour..

black lace said:

I had simular experiance using stainless, several months ago, i couldnt really get to grips with the coils and csv's, and when i thought i had got somthing steady the juice tasted awful, its very much an each to his own thing,, but having been using this site for several months, the stainless did come up quite often as problematic, not so much now that the new update carries a profile. i'm using kanthal in a dripper right now and as far as tc goes im using a lot of nife30, people must have some extreamly well tuned taste buds to rate one tc material over anouther, but again each to their own..

I have tried to update the firmware, but I dont have any pre installed profile like02 the one Mikevapes had on one of his newer dna mods. Could have been the VT 75? 

No i was on about the profiles that came out in feb for the 200's, beffor the 75 got released. i can tell you from my stance, stainless is very much definatly not the be all and end all of tc vaping, i'm sure that once someone gets it cracked its just as quick and simple and as headach free as i find the materials im useing. No big deal... each to their own..