DNA 75 issues

darthvaper13

Hello I build a DNA 75 with a dual 18650 the issue im having is when pushing the fire button it will turn on then off if I hold the power button it will say battery check. I cant get it to fire at all or stay on. The batteries have charged and the led did turn green. The batteries are 3000mAh 3.7v LG batteries. Also they are wired parallel, Please help thanks

ChunkyButt200 said:

welcome to the forum darthvaper13. does the board stay powered on with a usb charger plugged in? also, will the mod connect to escribe? if it does, can you post a screen shot of device monitor with batteries installed and "pack voltage" checked? 

Sorry I only have Mac's so I can't use escribe at this time but yes with the usb plugged it the dna stays on, thanks

awsum140 said:

You did make connections to the JST connector to allow balancing the batteries?

Its a DNA75. There isn't any JST balance connection. And the dual 18650s are wired in parallel. As far as the DNA75 is concern, it is one large capacity 3.7v battery.

darthvaper13 said:

Sorry I'm a noob how would I do that, thanks

Do you have a volt meter or a multimeter or something that can read the battery voltages (battery charger perhaps)? As check battery error means the DNA75 thinks something is wrong with the battery voltage.

ChunkyButt200 said:

you have a dna 75 right? that board does not have balance taps. the dna 200 does. disregard awsum140's comment (sorry awsum140!). i dont want you to get confused. could post some pics of your wiring and board; front and back.

ok heres the monitor, thanks 

Screenshot_(1).png 

i would check your battery sled leads with a volt meter. escribe is saying you only have 0.90v's going to the board, no where near enough. recheck what kind of voltage you have at the board. you have a poor connection somewhere. how do you have your 510 wired? looks like only one wire and in the wrong place. as VB said, it's hard to tell from the photo. the 510 positive (spring loaded pin part) goes to the "out" of the board. do you have a ground wire from the 510 to the board?

ChunkyButt200 said:

i would check your battery sled leads with a volt meter. escribe is saying you only have 0.90v's going to the board, no where near enough. recheck what kind of voltage you have at the board. you have a poor connection somewhere. how do you have your 510 wired? looks like only one wire and in the wrong place. as VB said, it's hard to tell from the photo. the 510 positive (spring loaded pin part) goes to the "out" of the board. do you have a ground wire from the 510 to the board?

Yes the spring pin is wired to out and and the ground is there.

ok good. back to the issue at hand........you're losing power somewhere between the batteries and the board. whether it be the the sled terminals, wires soldered to the terminals or where the wires are soldered to the board. does the voltage change in device monitor if you spin or wiggle the batteries while they're in the sled? figure that out and your problem should be solved.

I am not a mod builder or technician, but from what i see in the picture, you have the two batteries at different heights. That is a sled intended for series connection, isn't it? Some have mechanical reverse battery protection, but as you are working in series, at least one battery is in "the right way", and so the voltage of that battery should reach the board...
I would start by check if at least 3.5 v reach the board, and if not would check where current is being stopped.
Good luck, and then tell us your conclusions