Mixing Titanium with other wires?

johara45

I'd like to apologize in advance if this question has already been answered or if it's all together just dumb, but has anyone tried mixing titanium wire with say kanthal? I'm thinking of trying to fuse Clapton titanium wire but can't locally find higher gauge wires above 26 ga in titanium so was thinking of using kanthal for the outer wrap.

Well with a fused Clapton, the outer wire is like 15 times longer than the inner wire. If they were the same wire, the outer would be 15 times higher resistance than the inner wire. That would lower the whole thing just a tad lower than just the inner alone. Not too much of a difference. Although the difference between a thicker wire titanium (which is a low resistance wire anyway) with a smaller 15 times longer (very high resistance) Kanthal, as far as temperature control goes, it won't even see it.

Thanks aonoukrain, that wire combination also crossed my mind, only thing that I was afraid of that I never had too much success in controlling the stainless steel wire types the vape always seemed a bit cold when vaping at least for me it was. I would have to pretty much have temp set at max to get the warmth that I was looking for. What is the settings that you use? I had mine set at 316l ss wire set at 50w with punch and preheat set to minimum. Think it was 0,0,1s something like that.

johara45 said:

Thanks aonoukrain, that wire combination also crossed my mind, only thing that I was afraid of that I never had too much success in controlling the stainless steel wire types the vape always seemed a bit cold when vaping at least for me it was. I would have to pretty much have temp set at max to get the warmth that I was looking for. What is the settings that you use? I had mine set at 316l ss wire set at 50w with punch and preheat set to minimum. Think it was 0,0,1s something like that.

Johara Try these for ss316l they run warmish and are great for mixed also

JJSSv2.csv

JJ_SSv1.csv

Thanks much guys! The csv's I will definitely give it a go, and will also try and mess with coefficients I never knew what that was all about and still don't, but now at least I have a ball park of what to start with thanks again guys will report back after I dial things in.