The chip above the USB port...

king_cheefer_420

retird said:

You say it won't charge nor will EScribe recognize it.  First place to start is to make sure you have a good usb data cable.  Many things could cause not charging and recognition issues.  What device do you have and is it new and under warranty?

yes its a good cable. It's a custom one I just built last night. I had just finished updating it and pull it off the computer to hook up to a wall outlet to charge it a bit faster since the USB on the computer is only .5 amps

retird said:

NICE SOLDER WORK.....   Maybe the chip "went south"... mass produced chips can have a few bad ones in the bunch I guess....

Thank you. I haven't done any solder work since high school haha! I was nervous doing it but it went better than I had hoped. Someone just pointed out though I wired my 510 backwards. I think I found the reason my board is dead.

king_cheefer_420 said:

OMG it is! Crap I didn't even notice that!!! Do you think that was the cause????? I'm an idiot!

I would think that if the board was well grounded then all you would of gotten was an atomizer shorted error. And if the board wasn't grounded, it would work just fine backwards. So i'm leaning towards that not being the cause.