Charging with USB

2legsshrt

If you mean a setting to only disable charging while connected to the computer..... No...... I know of no electronic device that can do that.... would like to know if there is...  o.O

If you are ready to mess around with the data cable, you can remove the two power pins in 'device end' of the data cable, as these carry the current to charge your device. Try to find an old or unused data cable and work on it. Hope this helps.

http://pinouts.ru/PortableDevices/micro_usb_pinout.shtml

Double posted thread on the same subject......same answers... lol     :)

https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/66538-topic/?do=findComment&comment=898245

What I got from the thread I linked he was wanting to disable charging just while plugged into a computer but to still charge when using an external charger. In other words the DNA will recognize a computer and automatically turn off charging... it will not (as far as I know).

To absolutely not charge from a PC you would need to remove the battery, connect to the PC, turn off USB charging, disconnect, fit battery and connect again.  Then when finished on the PC if you want charging enabled, disconnect, remove battery, connect, enable USB charging, disconnect & fit battery.

VB.... I'm puzzled now..... turning off charging on a 75 immediately turns off the charge LED on the device and charge bolt immediate leaves.... so it's still charging?  Turn on charging and bolt and LED immediately comes back.  What have I missed?

Graph showing charging turned off.... then turned on .....then turned off again

Untitled.png 

retird said:

Only point that confused me was the procedure of Post 5?  I took it that not taking out the batteries etc. would could allow it to charge.... just wanted to understand what you said because it fogged my pea-brain...  o.O

We all do it, well I know I do lol.  I put the bit about removing the battery as legs seemed to want to NEVER charge from the PC as it would until the setting was changed, belt & braces.  If he/she didn't mind it charging from the PC for a few seconds you wouldn't need to remove them.

VapingBad said:

We all do it, well I know I do lol.  I put the bit about removing the battery as legs seemed to want to NEVER charge from the PC as it would until the setting was changed, belt & braces.  If he/she didn't mind it charging from the PC for a few seconds you wouldn't need to remove them.

OK.... see what you are saying....  if he doesn't want it to even charge while he is turning it off....   fog cleared.... thx    :thumb: