HCigar VT200 Replacement LiPo Battery on pre - sale ... PSO S200?

Cincikid

The HCigar VT200 Replacement LiPo Battery is on Pre -sale @ sweetvapes. Ships July 20-22. Has anyone tried this battery with the Project Sub Ohm S200? Looks like it would be tight! 

Specifications:

• Compatible With The VT200 by HCigar
  • Rechargeable Lithium Polymer Batter
  • Plug Type: XT30
  • Weight: 86g
  • Dimensions: 68mm*30mm*20mm
  • Battery Capacity: 1300mAh
  • Continuous Discharge Current: 30C
  • Max Discharge Current: 60C
I'm worried about that 30mm. 
Current battery: 70mm x 25mm x 20mm. 900mha

Cincikid said:

The HCigar VT200 Replacement LiPo Battery is on Pre -sale @ sweetvapes. Ships July 20-22. Has anyone tried this battery with the Project Sub Ohm S200? Looks like it would be tight! 

Specifications:

• Compatible With The VT200 by HCigar
  • Rechargeable Lithium Polymer Batter
  • Plug Type: XT30
  • Weight: 86g
  • Dimensions: 68mm*30mm*20mm
  • Battery Capacity: 1300mAh
  • Continuous Discharge Current: 30C
  • Max Discharge Current: 60C
I'm worried about that 30mm. 
Current battery: 70mm x 25mm x 20mm. 900mha
vapordna has the OEM battery listed as a 1300 mah. why do you think your battery is only 900 mah? i'm pretty sure the s200 uses the hcigar 1300 mah lipo

http://www.vapordna.com/Project-Sub-Ohm-S200-DNA-200-200W-Box-Mod-p/pss200.htm

The original battery ran great for 6 months then developed a bad cell... would not charge but to certain point, opened it up and puffed-up cell 3. :(

So i went searching and read that the vt200 had the same battery and there was a replacement being sold. Did some looking found it on fasttech but being the impatient guy i am I didn't want to order from them. Measured the dimensions of the oem and found the best replacement i could find for the time being. At the same time i placed myself on some stock alerts with diff US sites and a couple days ago sweetvapes emails me saying the vt replacement battery is back in stock. Not thinking i recycled my original batt and have since forgot the measurements… So I have no way to verify and just looking at the 900 in the s200 case it's tight as is. Was hoping a member of the forum has replaced there S200 battery with the vt replacement and could confirm that it will fit.

Was supposed to ship 20-22... Shipping label created but not in route as of 26th.9_9
Review on VapeNW say that the replacement to be actual 1300. The original battery lasted me a whole day so original specs are acceptable to me. We will see, when it arrives i will analyze and report back... Should i give it a couple cycles or is it ok to analyze on first charge after shipping?

Cincikid said:

Was supposed to ship 20-22... Shipping label created but not in route as of 26th.9_9
Review on VapeNW say that the replacement to be actual 1300. The original battery lasted me a whole day so original specs are acceptable to me. We will see, when it arrives i will analyze and report back... Should i give it a couple cycles or is it ok to analyze on first charge after shipping?

give it a few cycles then run battery analyzer. 

• 2 weeks later...
Cincikid said:

H_cigar replacement battery came today. Its tight but fits. Going to give it a couple cycles then run the analyzer to find the true mAh.:robot:

And, have you come to a conclusion yet?

I'm pretty disappointed with battery life myself. It last just a tad longer then my Nugget (1000mAh) with the same set-up. The Cuboid mini is rated @ 2400mAh and it last about twice as long as the VT200.

CrookedPenguin said:

And, have you come to a conclusion yet?

I'm pretty disappointed with battery life myself. It last just a tad longer then my Nugget (1000mAh) with the same set-up. The Cuboid mini is rated @ 2400mAh and it last about twice as long as the VT200.

Actually, I have to take that back.

Looks like the battery just needed a few more cycles to come to life. It now lasts about twice as long as my Nugget and just a tad longer than the Cuboid mini. I'm happy again :)

Sorry guys. I'm not able to give you any data on the HCigar replacement batt. I'm having a problem with my s200, for some reason when it goes idle cell 3 drains and unbalanced the lipo. Same with 3 different Batteries. Any ideas... I contacted my supplier and am waiting to hear back. If I can in the future I will post the battery analyzer results in a new thread.  

Thanks for your reply. I am still within the warranty period so I'm hesitant to open anything up. It wouldn't be a big deal to spray the board with some sort of recommended electronics cleaner but... I guess i'll go through the process and vape my mecs for now.

dwcraig1 said:

That's best if it can be done, will advise more if needed on how.

You know there are a lot of things you could use. And I am sure you will got a few recommendations. Although if you are truly interested, I would search over at:

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/index.php

And see if they suggest anything (I am sure they do). This is a forum for electronic engineers (which I am one). But I am sure hobbyists and others are there too. And you don't have to be an EE to have a passion for electronics. As anybody that has experience is what I trust most.

• 1 month later...

It ought to last three to four times longer than a Nugget. My Nugget is 800 Mah--not sure where you got the 1000 mah one---and I get about 50 puffs to a dead battery.

CrookedPenguin said:

Actually, I have to take that back.

Looks like the battery just needed a few more cycles to come to life. It now lasts about twice as long as my Nugget and just a tad longer than the Cuboid mini. I'm happy again :)