SOL, supposed blown thermistor....how can this happen?

Mexvape

Ok so an atty leaked on my mod, I saw the 510 connection was flooded so I cleaned it up. When I tried to fire the mod again it game a message of "too hot". Thinking that some liquid might have leaked into the catch cup I took apart the mod, and as suspected the catch cup had liquid as well. So I cleaned everything, put it back together and tried it again. No luck! So now my question is how can this happen with this chip?!? Isn't it supposed to be protected against short circuit? There was no liquid on the chip, the mod design is good, it has a catch cup that prevents liquid from entering the internals. So I wrote Element mods and they told me it looked like it was a blown thermistor....not happy, if this chip is this fragile and has no short circuit protection, them I am double sol as I had another mod made where I asked for this chip. 

Yes Harry at Element mods provides great service and it is sending me a chip so I can replace it. It is a simple solder job so I can manage. I am just surprised this happened. Also a bit worried because I ordered a mod from the UK and asked the modder to put a DNA 75 instead of a Dicodes chip which IMO has a horrible interface. Anyhow, thanks for the tip on opening a ticket retird, I appreciate your input. 

Great that Element mods is doing right by you.  I wouldn't be too concerned about your DNA75 either....  These are really good chips....  E-liquid going in the wrong place is never a good thing... 

As a thought I would check for any shorts in the 510 connector or wiring also when placing the new board...  

Please report back with you results.....  

:thumb:

I wouldn't say Dicodes's interface is horrible. It's engineered in a very German manner. That's for sure. I kind of like the idea of being able to go from max 40, to max 80 watts, simply by adding a battery (well, not so simply). I'm not sure how to compare it to the DNA 75. Different customers in mind, to be sure.

Since I am not in the US I could not say...or care. Nor do I care to have a pissing match with someone who apparently has not used a DNA 75 or Dicodes chip, both of which I have and used. I came here for help, I got it from Retird so I as far as I am concerned this topic can be closed.