Think vape finder 167 and vtc6?

So I'm completely new to DNA mods and I'm going to purchase my first one, the think vape finder 167. I plan on buying a pair of vtc 6 battery's along with it as well. Are these battery's suitable? I will be doing a lot of low ohm builds, around .1 to .2 ohms. I mainly use ss and am looking to get into accurate temp control. Is there anything I should know before using this sort of setup? Thanks guys.

The VTC5A would be better, the 6 is only 15 A continuous according to Mooch, the ohms you plan to use don't make a difference it's the power levels.  At 15 A continuous the VTC6 would be good to about 80 W, but Mooch warns they will get hot.  The main things are to use atties with good connections, keep 510 and battery terminals clean.

VapingBad said:

The VTC5A would be better, the 6 is only 15 A continuous according to Mooch, the ohms you plan to use don't make a difference it's the power levels.  At 15 A continuous the VTC6 would be good to about 80 W, but Mooch warns they will get hot.  The main things are to use atties with good connections, keep 510 and battery terminals clean.

Thank you for the advice, that looks like a really good battery. I thought that the 5a was only 20 amps so I didn't look much into it. Thank you!

Theplasticbling said:

So I'm completely new to DNA mods and I'm going to purchase my first one, the think vape finder 167. I plan on buying a pair of vtc 6 battery's along with it as well. Are these battery's suitable? I will be doing a lot of low ohm builds, around .1 to .2 ohms. I mainly use ss and am looking to get into accurate temp control. Is there anything I should know before using this sort of setup? Thanks guys.

One more thing, not battery related;  I would suggest using a slightly higher resistance if you're wanting to use TC accurately with SS wire, particularly 316(L).  The TCR of SS316 is low enough that it makes it easier for the board to monitor the temp change if the starting point is a little higher.

Personally, I rarely go below 0.3 on SS temp control builds; many suggest 0.4, but the DNA is good enough to go a bit lower than that, IMO.  For example, my Kayfun 5 is currently running at 0.35 and is working with TC like a champ.

Theplasticbling said:

Thanks for all the advice guys! My mod just came in today, and I'm loving it so far! One last quick question, in the manual it says the max charge current is 1 amp, but says you can adjust it in escribe. How would I go about changing the current to 2 amps? Thanks again everyone, happy holidays!

sweet looking device. If it's A DNA 200 It's 1 amp max, adjustable from 0 to 1 amp. If it's A DNA 250 it's 2 amps max, adjustable from 0 to 2 amps.

The link is rather old. In the shootout, Mooch rated the VTC 6 as the best performer, and rated it at 19 amps. He downgraded the HG2's, and said they can only hit 18 amps in continuous use. It may be they are letting production standards slip, because they face less competition from Samsung, after reports of their lipo batteries catching fire. ? Regardless, The VTC 6 and the 30Q are the best choices. I am a bit concerned about running a DNA 250 mod on 18650's, because of their power requirements. Maybe Lipo mods are the way to go?

My mod is actually the 133, which I think is the dna200 and not 250. So it would only be capable of 1 amp charging? Bummer, but not a huge deal. It's still faster than my external charger. Are there any advantages of the 200 over the 250 to make me feel better about myself lmao? I don't think I've ever gone past 120 watts anyways so the extra power isn't too big of a deal to me.