Therion BF Resistance Problems

Kanou

I picked up a Therion BF (first DNA device), and it seems to read the resistance of every atomizer I throw on it between .05-0.10 higher than other mod I've got. Occasionally, I'll get a 'short' or 'check atomizer' warnings as well. I've tried cleaning the 510 connection with isopropyl and that didn't seem to help. 

I popped the 510 connection off to get a look at the soldering and nothing seemed to be wrong. When I screwed it back down, the mod was reading my atomizer correctly, but it's since been creeping back up (began as a 0.53 and now reads as a 0.61 - simple kanthal coil). It's working for now, but I'm afraid of getting the short/check atomizer errors again.

What all can I do to try and figure out what's wrong with it?

EDIT: Ground wire was bad. Soldered in a new one. All fixed. Yay.

VapingBad said:

Looks like the mod resistance is set far too high, around 0.6 when 0.006 is more usual, you would need to set Options - User Interface to Advanced, go to the Mod tab and change the mod Resistance to 0 or 0.006.

It was at 0.006. I tried changing it to 0 for grins and it didn't really have an effect.

just a thought
a lot of people have reported that the therion bf has a leaky 510 and they have to wipe round the black plastic under the batt cover every so often
if yours is doing the same the build up of juice in there will not be helping your ohm readings

I really really wanted one of these as they a smexy looking mod(if that's possible) but I'm holding off till I hear more about the 510
it could be users using attys with wrong length 510 centre pin causing the problem but its still a new to the market so time will tell

I still want one:crazy: