Finder167 Fire button not working

chai911

My friend sent Finder167 to me for repairing. I found that Fire button is not working but it can fire via Escribe program. I tested the button with multi-meter already and the button work fine. Does anybody have an idea to fix this problem? Please help. Thank you so much.

If it uses the onboard button it could be the board mount screws were loose so the the board is a little further away from the button actuator.  You can also lift the top of the button off and clean the inside ans the disk, sometimes this revives a problem button, this is a DNA 40 button, but the 250 one comes apart the same way. 
button_dismantle.jpg 

VapingBad said:

If it uses the onboard button it could be the board mount screws were loose so the the board is a little further away from the button actuator.  You can also lift the top of the button off and clean the inside ans the disk, sometimes this revives a problem button, this is a DNA 40 button, but the 250 one comes apart the same way. 
button_dismantle.jpg 

I have tested switch outside the body already, it's same result. also open the top cover and clean already. the button work properly (checked by Buzzer function in Meter) but the board did not detect signal from the button.

retird said:

I've not seen inside that one.... is the onboard firing switch used or is it an auxiliary firing switch?  If auxiliary what does the meter show at the board where the 2 wires attach while pushing the fire button?

Please find the red circle in the photo. I used Buzzer function in the meter, when i pushed switch, meter will sound "Beep". It seems like the board did not detect signal from the button. fd167.jpg

chai911 said:

Please find the red circle in the photo. I used Buzzer function in the meter, when i pushed switch, meter will sound "Beep". It seems like the board did not detect signal from the button. fd167.jpg

if the onboard switch is good, it could be a glitch in the firmware. try re-flashing the current firmware your are using. i would still pop the button apart and clean it. there are 2 tracks that are used to make connection (total of 4 contact points inside of switch that will need to be cleaned) if that doesn't clear it up, locate the pinouts for external up/down/fire buttons. they're on the upper right hand side of the board (6 holes). short the 2 pinouts for the "fire" button and see if you get the check atomizer message. if still no luck, contact evolv and ask if you can send in the board. 

ChunkyButt200 said:

if the onboard switch is good, it could be a glitch in the firmware. try re-flashing the current firmware your are using. i would still pop the button apart and clean it. there are 2 tracks that are used to make connection (total of 4 contact points inside of switch that will need to be cleaned) if that doesn't clear it up, locate the pinouts for external up/down/fire buttons. they're on the upper right hand side of the board (6 holes). short the 2 pinouts for the "fire" button and see if you get the check atomizer message. if still no luck, contact evolv and ask if you can send in the board. 

Thanks for your reply. I have soldered 2 pins to external on-off switch but still no work. Firmware is 1.2 SP5, already flashed many times but still no work. what i can do now?

dna250-finder167.jpg