enameled copper wire??

if you're going to use it as power wires and not as signal wires (up/down/fire buttons), make sure it's the correct thickness. too thin and bye bye enamel coating, hello short city. also don't forget the positive wire from the board to the 510 moves with the 510's center spring loaded pin (if you are using a spring loaded 510), be sure to account for that back and forth movement of putting on and taking off atty's.

ChunkyButt200 said:

if you're going to use it as power wires and not as signal wires (up/down/fire buttons), make sure it's the correct thickness. too thin and bye bye enamel coating, hello short city. also don't forget the positive wire from the board to the 510 moves with the 510's center spring loaded pin (if you are using a spring loaded 510), be sure to account for that back and forth movement of putting on and taking off atty's.

I was planning on using 14 awg for the output to the 510. and 18 awg for the battery connections and ground.

If it's "heavy formvar" magnet wire the current rating will be higher than standard enamel coated magnet wire since it has a much higher heat rating.

I wouldn't worry, too much, about silicon wire moving around inside a mod.  Yes, solid wire can be neatly formed and look "nice", but silicon wire can also be "formed", sort of anyway, and doesn't really move much at all.  Plus it gives you the advantage of being able to assemble without worrying as much about stressing battery connections.  The motion of the 510 center pin is not all that great, but over time, could either break a solid wire or cause separation of the foil from the board depending on how the stress is transmitted by the wire.

I used 12 gauge silicon to the 510 in all my DNA200 and DNA75 mods and basically had to pre-bend it into shape prior to actual final assembly.  It still looks the same today as the day I built them, over a year an a half ago.

i prefer silicone wire. both the teflon and silicone stand up, pretty well, to high temps and soldering, but the teflon wins the heat battle (insulation doesn't get soft if heated). i will say the teflon wire i received, was more stiff than silicone insulated, like PVC. that's why i prefer the silicone, easier to work with.