Latest SP seems to have bricked my VT166

Applied the pack, connected the mod (which I had just been vaping on), went to device monitor, which reported that one cell is a 0.001V and the other is a 5.23V.  Swapped out the batteries with freshly charged cells (all batt are 1-2 month old HG2), same issue.

Any and all help gratefully appreciated (really unhappy camper here)

Also check the "date modified" of the service pack you have installed.  My file shows the last Service Pack for the DNA 250/166 was dated in December of 2016. This seems to show there was no updated service pack for the device also, I think.... I may be missing something but that is what I got...

mstave said:

Already tried both rolling back to previous SP and the latest. Beginning to suspect I have a hardware issue and the firmware upgrade was sort of coincidental. But I'm now in email communication with Evolv and we shall see

Please let us know what the problem is/was.... may help others... :)

jesus thank god i searched the forum before adding the service package, i just got a brand new VT 166 yesterday and wanted to put some customs screens on, feel bad for all these guys having problems now as i had an issue like that before and it was a bit depressing.

i already had the escribe program on my computer but it seems the application was deleted so i needed to re-downloaded it and had it just opened, was about to connect my device then thought maybe i should check the forums about this service pack 

quick question hopefully you guys can answer, im not super techy but really all i want to do is add my custom screens on, maybe save a file of the firmware on my device thats working to my computer so i have it in case of a later problem..

should i just not download this service package because my service package list goes all the way back to version 1.0.1 (june 5th, 2015) so its been a while since I have used escribe and im assuming it wants to download all the service packages up to the newest one which is the version 1.2 service pack 5.2 which it looks like a few VT166 guys, possibly more.. are having problems with

any advice? should i just ignore the SP update thats being requested at the bottom of my screen and be able to connect my VT166 and put my screens on without issue? Or do you recommend just leave it alone for now untill things get sorted because i definitley dont want my device going dead for a while. 

It may be beneficial to first save your .ecig file off the new device to your computer.  That way if you should run into a situation you can always load the original .ecig file back on the device.

You might also start by posting what version of EScribe you are running. You might also run Device Monitor with the device connected and post what firmware version is currently on the device. This info is at the lower right corner of the Device Monitor screen.

This info will help to determine whether to update further and which one you want to use, if any....

Others with the same device will hopefully chime in as you post.....

retird said:

It may be beneficial to first save your .ecig file off the new device to your computer.  That way if you should run into a situation you can always load the original .ecig file back on the device.

You might also start by posting what version of EScribe you are running. You might also run Device Monitor with the device connected and post what firmware version is currently on the device. This info is at the lower right corner of the Device Monitor screen.

This info will help to determine whether to update further and which one you want to use, if any....

Others with the same device will hopefully chime in as you post.....

so again i denied the service packages download for now, ATM without connecting my device i checked for my version of Escribe that i am on and it is Version 1.2 SP3 shown in the help menu/about escribe. 

and before i find out what firmware is on my VT166, i just wanted to confirm that as long as i dont upload anything to my device, my mod should stay unaffected by any problems? just connecting my VT166, saving an ecig file and using the device monitor cannot cause any problems described by some of the the other owners?

Note that the current recommended version of EScribe is shown in post #1 of this thread linked below.  You don't have the latest recommended EScribe. Installing the latest recommended version of EScribe doesn't update the firmware (service pack) on the device until you want to update the firmware.

https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/66731-topic/?do=findComment&comment=900119

If you just connect the device to your EScribe and then start EScribe it should not change anything on the device. You can download the .ecig file to your computer from there.

alright well ill download the latest recommended software for escribe on that link. 

using the old escribe software though..
i found that my device is running 1.2 sp5 and that my board was programmed dec 23rd, 2016.
and i have saved an ecig file of my current stock setup just in case.

ill download the new escribe now and i guess i'll let you know if anything changes.

once i download the new escribe version which i believe says the recommended version is 1.2 SP 5 on the link you provided.

im guessing i should not download any newer service package and i should be ok to start uploading my customs screens or should I wait first to provide you any additional information?

Thanks for your help too, its greatly appreciated. 

Your SP5 firmware is almost the latest SP so I would use it for now and go ahead and do your custom screens. You are concerned that SP5a on the device may cause you issues so why not use the device for a while first.    The SP5a pack addresses the following of which you may not have issues with anyway:

On the device side:
- DNA 200 and DNA 250 no longer lose the battery meter on startup sometimes.
- Calibration values have been improved slightly for newer DNA 200s and DNA 250s. (More accurate USB Voltage, mainly.)
- Temperature Protected and other messages now show the correct number of flashes again.
- Some VaporShark DNA 200s would reset charging when above 0.8A with 1.2 SP3 and 1.2 SP4. They now charge at full speed.

@EDMKEV.........i am running Version 1.2 SP5 on my Vt167 with no problems. just figured i'd chime in since we have the same device. if you don't see any bug fixes that pertain to your device or new features that you'd like have or use, i'd just stick to what is working for you. or wait at least until it's labeled as "recommended" firmware. 

retird said:

Note that the current recommended version of EScribe is shown in post #1 of this thread linked below.  You don't have the latest recommended EScribe. Installing the latest recommended version of EScribe doesn't update the firmware (service pack) on the device until you want to update the firmware.

https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/66731-topic/?do=findComment&comment=900119

If you just connect the device to your EScribe and then start EScribe it should not change anything on the device. You can download the .ecig file to your computer from there.

Ya so for the time being i will not download the 1.2 SP5.2 update until at least i know some of the guys with the VT167 have got their problems sorted out. 

another question before i download the new latest recommended version of Escribe via the link you posted..it says beside the recommended version of Escribe 

"[RECOMMENDED]
*** EScribe 1.2 SP5a *** (EScribe presently auto-updates to this version.)
https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupES_1_2_SP5a_ServicePack.exe "

in the bold letters quoted above, you said upgrading to the latest recommended doesn't upgrade the firmware(service pack) until i want to manually update the firmware, but as it says in the description that escribe AUTO-UPDATES to this version. does this mean that it will auto update my firmware? because im a bit worried about downloading this version to start uploading my customs screens on  and having problems..it appears that people are having issues with the 1.2SP5.2 version and not with 1.2SP5a version and the version me and @chunkybutt200 are running ATM 1.2SP5 but im not 100% sure..