Custom Build Dual 26650-DNA 250, Won't stay on, Check battery displayed

Strkr69

Hello all, hoping to get some help here. I'm running into issue with the board not staying fired up, with 2 fresh batteries installed and holding the fire button it will cycle through : Evolv DNA 250, Check Battery, Then display current wattage settings, the battery indicator "which reads empty" and the Ohms, Volts, Amps... all which read zero..

I've checked my power coming into the board from the battery sled, reads 8.32 Volts.. I've gone in and set the configuration for 2 cell, Tried 2 other batteries that are also brand new, Pulled my board back out, checked all my connections and solder joints, reassembled and still same results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Connects to Escribe, Cell #1 4.62 volts, Cell #2 1.04 volts..  Pack voltage 5.66 volts,  Probing both leads at the board with multimeter shows 8.35 volts.  Settings have been uploaded for 2-cell, with appropriate Watt-hour Calculator adjustments made for the cells. Which are IMR 26650 3.7V 4000mAh.  Ground lead for "Tap" goes to Negative side of Cell 1, "1" goes to positive side of cell 2, and "2&3" are tied together going to the bridge between cells 1&2.

Yes :D I looked at the diagram that Dwcraig1 posted and swapped a few wires. Mod works great now !!! Very happy, now to see how much longer it lasts compared to my Reuleaux RX200..   I built the case from 1 layer of fiberglass, followed by 3 layers of carbon fiber for strength and obvious cool looks. I really appreciate the response's and help. Nice to know this forum page has people paying attention and very helpful.