My triade 250 self fired and caught on fire

jimmy912

Like the title says, scary thing happened last night. I was using my phone on the sofa in the living

room with lights off and put triade 250 on the table right next to me. 15-20 minutes after,  I hear this

loud swooshing sound and glowing light. My triade 250 self fired and my dripper was on fire. So I

suddenly grabbed it and blew it with my mouth to turn the fire off and straight ran to the bathroom. It

fired so hard I opened top cap and it smelled nasty and coils were melted in that short period of

time.It's showing warranty service and not working at all. I thought this things happen only with

mechanical mods.What if it happned while I was sleeping??? What could have caused this maximum

self fire to happen? It wasn't even connected with usb charger when it happened.

IMG_8285.jpg

IMG_8270.jpg

Its pics of the board and back of fireing button you need! I've had one or two of the clone dna 30's self fire / self distruct, back in the early days, its allways been down to swarf or a particle causing a short at batteries or on the board and you can also identifie exactly where it happened because you will see the burnt up componant,,, flashing up warranty service is down to a componant failiure, there is info in the common problems section on this forum,,,, i wouldnt rule out being swamped with juice might cause an issue, but because the board does have a protective sprayed on coating and is flashing up warranty service i'm not convinced you have suffered a catastrofic on board fire/or catastrofic failiure, ifs and buts dont count for anything. i would suggest give it back to your supplier.

Praefectus said:

These picture were taken after the incident rite? or have you change the coils/cotton?

right, see those circle shapes? it melted and became like that.it was on temp mode cause i only use temp mode but atty caught on fire.

jimmy912 said:

right, see those circle shapes? it melted and became like that.it was on temp mode cause i only use temp mode but atty caught on fire.

i had a vicous ant clone that blew the coils, (thoes roundy roundy springy circuly things, lmfao) it was the posertive battery lead had shorted against the metal casing of the mod, so in effect, like you say above, acted like a faulty mechanical mod, its quite obvious you have suffered a short out and flashing up warranty means its beyond the repair of purchaser.. send it back, its knackerd.