"Off" message in temperature control when firing Therion DNA 75

jsayers

I have a recently purchased Therion DNA75 I am having issues with it in temperature control. All of my wire is SS316L at the moment so that is in all of my builds. No matter which RDA , RTA or build I use the board reads "OFF" when I press the fire button. The mod stills fires, I assume with straight wattage as if it was in Kanthal mode. All of the builds work fine on my Triade so I can't see that being an issue. I have tried different gauges of wire and resistances between .16 and .4 without success. My gut tells me the 510 or board connections might be suspect. I have not tried a hard reboot but that might be my next move. Lost vape said they would repair it but the turn around is 3-4 weeks. If it could be something simple I would rather fix it myself than lose it for a month. Anyone else have this issue?

From what I have heard the profile for SS316L from Lost Vapes was way off. I did like you and changed that profile as soon as I got it. I used the .csv from Steam Engine which worked well for me. On the Therion thread at ECF so many complained about the profile I didn't even bother with it. But I use SS316L in TC works perfectly.

• 6 months later...
cgagne said:

What was the fix for this? Are you not supposed to have temp dominate checked? I'm using ss316l from steam, and it reads off no matter what build or atty.

Can you post a couple of screenshots from Escribe...'Mod' tab & the device monitor while firing with the following boxes checked...power, power set, temperature, temperature set, cold ohms & live ohms...

'Off' means the device is switching to Power mode...your resistance is not stable...first screen shot, .330...second screen shot. .335 & while firing, it should never drop as it is in both screen shots...make sure atty is cold before setting the cold ohms...need to check all connections...tight screws...clean 510 (atty & device)...Mod resistance needs to be checked & set...case analyzer needs to be run...the device HAS to be set up properly in order for TC to work...especially when using SS

I've cleaned everything with rubbing alcohol. The screws on my goon 24 are as tight as I can get them. Mod resistance says zero? And unfortunately all the other stuff is like speaking Spanish to me. Lol. It just sucks, I like temp control, but wish I didn't get a dna. I didn't realize it was going to be this difficult. I need a cigarette after every time I mess with this thing....smh. kind of defeats the purpose.

Cell soft cutoff 2.8, but thats not going to make any difference in the TC issue...Mod resistance setting in 'Mod' tab...read this thread starting at about post #72...https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/65594-topic/

Case analyzer is at the bottom of the 'Mod' tab...just make sure your batteries are at least 50%..or less before running...

Edit: Unfortunately, the device manufacturer's don't set up all the variables to get a good TC vape, but once you have everything set up, it will work great...:thumb:

Oh, I know the battery stuff doesn't effect temp control. I just wanted to make sure my settings are correct. The first time I hooked my mod up to e scribe it seemed like a bunch of my settings got screwed up. Like it got changed to 3 cell. I didn't know if anything else got changed because I don't know what the settings are supposed to be. I can't seem to find anywhere to explain any of this in "English".

Yeah I see where the case analyzer is and what not but I don't understand what it is and what it does after I do it or what It's trying to tell me. I'm just going to use the mod in wattage mode but I wanted to make sure the battery part was working correctly.

Wow. Smh. After reading that.....im even more confused. I didn't understand anything I was reading. The only thing I maybe got from that is, if I want to use my goon, instead of my Merlin mini, I have to hook this thing up to a computer and change all my settings?

Like my batteries were just at 100%. I've used it for 2 mins and it says 83%. I'm using 45 watts and took 4 toots.....17% battery used..... I really think all my settings got screwed up. I wish there was somewhere I can go where it will tell me what they're supposed to be

Yea, I've watched a bunch of videos, read a bunch of forum stuff. Idk, I'm still not comprehending it. I work crapy hours, and have 2 kids. I barely have time to sleep. I didn't realize so many factors would matter just for me to vape. What day it is, the weather outside as opposed to inside, if I'm left/right handed. Lol. I just want to know what numbers go with what settings, so I can press fire and vape. I don't have time to take my laptop out and change settings every time I want to change my atomizer, or the weather changes. I appreciate your attempt to help me, but I think I'm a lost cause. Just sucks. The 2 days my mod worked in temp control.....i loved it!!! Then I plugged it in to escribe......never worked again.

• Like 1