B+ PULLED UP AFTER SOLDERING DNA 250

1st attempt on DNA 250 the negative was a success but the positive I over soldered and it seems it have pulled up a little. Now it's pulling up with a small piece of circuit board. It is still attached to a bad soldering job. Hey it was my first attempt. But Can I send it in to have it fixed? I'd hate to just throw it away.

bluntmoment said:

1st attempt on DNA 250 the negative was a success but the positive I over soldered and it seems it have pulled up a little. Now it's pulling up with a small piece of circuit board. It is still attached to a bad soldering job. Hey it was my first attempt. But Can I send it in to have it fixed? I'd hate to just throw it away.

Ask that here: https://helpdesk.evolvapor.com/index.php?a=add&category=1
I suspect you will be happy with the answer.
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

After soldering a few of these, my favorite method is:

1) if the wire needs to be bent to be happy in the enclosure, bent it before tining. Use flux.

2) the tab on the board has quite a bit of solder already, but go ahead and add a little more before even putting the tined wire against it.

3) put the tined wire against the tab and put your iron on top of the wire and press down a smidge. It will sink in to the solder, remove iron and wait like 5 seconds before releasing the wire.

4) smile at your perfect joint and tell it how lovely it's soldery perfection is.

• Like 1