Dna 250 / brillpower pinks

Just ordered a carbon fiber triade dna 250 and lookn to buy the pink or the green Brillipower 18650's. I just got the green brillpower 26650 for the dna 75 and am really impressed with the runtime at 40 watts. I'm lookn for more runtime than amps I guess since I only vape around 40 to 60 watts stainless steel clapton single coil in my aromamizer plus rdta, around 0.38 ohms! Any suggestions on batteries I'm lookn to order today. I like my runtime and my high amps incase I need the extra power. Any 18650 suggestions helpful or thoughts on the pink vs green brillpowers.. Thanks dna fam!!

i would stay away from rewraps. stick with LG, Samsung or Sony cells. at least you know you can trust the specs considering they actually made the cells. if you only vape between 40-60w, i would look at the LG HG2 or Samsung 30Q cells, both are 3000 mah and around 20a CDR. if you're willing to overpay for the Brillpower name (because that's all your paying extra for, is a name. the Brillpower pink 18650 2600 mah is most likely a LG or Samsung cell underneath the wrap), then i would suggest the Sony VTC6 cells, 3000 mah 20a CDR. i use the VTC6 cells in my Vt167.

ChunkyButt200 said:

i would stay away from rewraps. stick with LG, Samsung or Sony cells. at least you know you can trust the specs considering they actually made the cells. if you only vape between 40-60w, i would look at the LG HG2 or Samsung 30Q cells, both are 3000 mah and around 20a CDR. if you're willing to overpay for the Brillpower name (because that's all your paying extra for, is a name. the Brillpower pink 18650 2600 mah is most likely a LG or Samsung cell underneath the wrap), then i would suggest the Sony VTC6 cells, 3000 mah 20a CDR. i use the VTC6 cells in my Vt167.

yeah I still got vtc5's from before the scarce 1 new and 4 used and 2 new lg hg2 and 3 used. Those are my only 2 batteries I ever use. I just wanted to try something new change of pace I guess since I just got a green 26650 brillpower and like I was saying it gets me thru a whole day of 40 watt vaping with about %20 leftover. I was amazed at it ya know! Appreciate the output bro... vape on!!

I too, like CB, have the HG2's, 30Q's & the VTC6's...among a few other, but of those 3, I am getting the best performance out of the VTC6's...I use them is all my 75's & the HG2's in my 250's...

Edit: I have 75's that will also take the 26650 & have both the Efest green & the Ijoy, but have found that having to change a battery once a day anywho's, IMHO, it's not worth the extra weight compared to an 18650...

IMPORTKILLR said:

yeah I still got vtc5's from before the scarce 1 new and 4 used and 2 new lg hg2 and 3 used. Those are my only 2 batteries I ever use. I just wanted to try something new change of pace I guess since I just got a green 26650 brillpower and like I was saying it gets me thru a whole day of 40 watt vaping with about %20 leftover. I was amazed at it ya know! Appreciate the output bro... vape on!!

I thought the brillpowers were made specifically for vapn and not an actual rewrap like all the others? Even though it's only been a week since buying there 26650 version for my dna 75 against my HG2'S and my vtc5's I'm damned impressed. All day 40 watt vaping with no battery sag at all and about 15 hours vapetime with 20% remaining. the others poop out around 6 hours...

ChunkyButt200 said:

I went with the pink Brillipowers @ 4 for $28... I know I know!! Anyways if they don't compare to the greens than I'll pick up some vtc6's. I was still under the impression sony energy was done with the 18650 game, bro I kinda knew that wasn't gonna last as they were the industry leader in batteries amongst other things. Also were in the hell can I find a csv for the pinks. Nobody uses them yet probably as they are new, they also just released a blue version 18650... I know I feel ya on batteries other than sony, lg, panasonic but on a whim I tried 1 and "as of now" I'm a believer....

IMPORTKILLR said:

I went with the pink Brillipowers @ 4 for $28... I know I know!! Anyways if they don't compare to the greens than I'll pick up some vtc6's. I was still under the impression sony energy was done with the 18650 game, bro I kinda knew that wasn't gonna last as they were the industry leader in batteries amongst other things. Also were in the hell can I find a csv for the pinks. Nobody uses them yet probably as they are new, they also just released a blue version 18650... I know I feel ya on batteries other than sony, lg, panasonic but on a whim I tried 1 and "as of now" I'm a believer....

hey if they make you happy and more importantly, they work well in the device, then happy vaping. you might want to shoot Battery Mooch a PM over at ECF and ask him exactly what cell is underneath that pink wrapper. as for brillpower cells being made for specifically for vaping, that's just a marketing ploy. there are NO cells on the market today designed for vaping. most work fine in our mods but they were mainly intended for use inside cordless power tools and electric vehicles. Sony has already stated they don't want any of their cells being used for vaping and will refuse sale to a distributor if found they are selling them for that purpose.

retird said:

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/26650-battery-bench-test-results-and-new-ratings-table.725452/

image (1).jpg 
image (2).jpg 

I seen this before I bought the 26650 and from what I understood it rated in the top 5 rite next to the Basens 26650. I knew before reading this the 80 amp advertising was more than likely an exaggeration as most true cells are 30 amps. Thank you for the input!

ChunkyButt200 said:

hey if they make you happy and more importantly, they work well in the device, then happy vaping. you might want to shoot Battery Mooch a PM over at ECF and ask him exactly what cell is underneath that pink wrapper. as for brillpower cells being made for specifically for vaping, that's just a marketing ploy. there are NO cells on the market today designed for vaping. most work fine in our mods but they were mainly intended for use inside cordless power tools and electric vehicles. Sony has already stated they don't want any of their cells being used for vaping and will refuse sale to a distributor if found they are selling them for that purpose.

is sony than truly back to manufacturing batteries. If so it makes you think if they ever did stop production in the first place. Yeah I seen sonys email to us vapers couple years back. Wasn't to long before that my local vape shop suggested I buy some of there last true shipment of vtc5's, which I'm still vapn on.

IMPORTKILLR said:

is sony than truly back to manufacturing batteries. If so it makes you think if they ever did stop production in the first place. Yeah I seen sonys email to us vapers couple years back. Wasn't to long before that my local vape shop suggested I buy some of there last true shipment of vtc5's, which I'm still vapn on.

well if they turn out to not be the best than they should at least do good in the triade considering there sharing load in a 3 cell configuration. Appreciate your time and input my friend.. vape on!!

giz_60 said:

They were requesting info on LG HG2's...nothing to do with your pinks...

Yeah that much I understood, I like to help as much as I can. I can't give computer testing specifics and results but from personal experience on the hg2's I can definitely give my user experience if helps at all. The lg's browns been one of the best imo... the pink Brillipowers 18650 I'm not happy with at all. Run hot, battery life isn't the greatest definitely not 3500mah more like a 3000mah maybe even 2600mah. Excessive voltage drop under load but it's seems to be the same from 40 watts and even at 75 watts. Not thru escribe yet just tested out in single cell configuration in the dna 75. I'm goin off how much the screen dims down under initial puff press of fire button. The screen dims down the same amount at 40 watts and 75 watts. With the lg same mod, coil watts absolutely no dimming of screen during any part of the puff. All is I know when I see my screen dim down like that when my battery is fully charged it's telling me my battery can't supply enough power to the screen under load from takn puff which in turn is from not enough amps in the battery itself. When I seen that I hit up the phone Internet to order some better cells. Who knows maybe I can get my $28 back. Now the green 26650 Brillipowers is amazing. Power and runtime for days, full day & half on full charge @ 40 watts vapn thru 10 ml a day 24 guage kernal 32 guage wrap single ss clapton coil 3.5mm I'd Aromamizer plus rdta.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick edit to the brillipower pink 18650. Been a few weeks now of daily use in the triade 250 and I have to say I'm very pleased with there performance. Would I pay the extra mile over the hg2 or the vtc series batts, no! They take a 2 amp charge in the xtar vc4 rather quick while maintaining cool temps. Technically the xtar divides the 2 amps evenly throughout the 4 bays or 2 amps between the 2 outer bays, 1 amp per cell. Anywho, I average 72% charge leftover every night at the end of a 16 hour day, 40 watts 12ml juice consumption 24 Guage ss Clapton 6 wrap 3.5mm i.d.

Just a quick edit to the brillipower pink 18650. Been a few weeks now of daily use in the triade 250 and I have to say I'm very pleased with there performance. Would I pay the extra mile over the hg2 or the vtc series batts, no! They take a 2 amp charge in the xtar vc4 rather quick while maintaining cool temps. Technically the xtar divides the 2 amps evenly throughout the 4 bays or 2 amps between the 2 outer bays, 1 amp per cell. Anywho, I average 72% charge leftover every night at the end of a 16 hour day, 40 watts 12ml juice consumption 24 Guage ss Clapton 6 wrap 3.5mm i.d.